200 GM FROZEN HADDOCK FILLETS AVAILABLE AT LAST

Got my order in. :) We Bostonians love our Haddock. Thanks, Nookiebear. I look forward to eating these. LOL

Plus 1 - they look absolutely delicious. I think I will have one for my supper tomorrow.

I will be interested to see how they cook up..... the only issue I had with the cod loins was the the frozen weight of 200g reduced to a cooked weight of 100g...... that made them around 1,000 Baht a kilo "eatable"....... I want see how the haddock pans out..

This is how I'll be doing mine first (a couple other recipes are in store too).

Easiest way and how we do it in New England:

New England Baked Haddock

Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 20 mins Serves: 2

New England baked haddock is one of the most delicious fish dishes you will ever have, yet it is so simple! With only three ingredients and 5 minutes of hands-on time, you will have an elegant, crowd-pleasing meal.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. haddock, rinsed and patted dry (or other mild-tasting white fish, such as catfish, flounder, pollock, or cod)
  • 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs (I make my own by throwing some toasted whole wheat bread in a food processor)
  • 6 tablespoons butter, melted
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • lemon wedges/slices, for serving (optional)

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Pour a little of the melted butter in a baking sheet or dish and spread to coat the bottom.
  3. Combine the bread crumbs with the rest of the melted butter (since I make my own bread crumbs, I just add the butter to the bread crumbs directly in the food processor)
  4. Salt and pepper both sides of the fish, and lay in the buttered baking dish.
  5. Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over the fish
  6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until fish is cooked thoroughly (and flakes easily)

Serve on top of lemon slices and with fresh lemon wedges to squeeze liberally!
-----------------------------------------------------
And screw the whole wheat, day old Italian bread works excellent.

· Reply · 3 hrs · Edited

Want to do one of my favorite sandwiches as well. Love me a fried Haddock sandwich with cheese and tartar sauce, with onion rings and cole slaw of course. :)

This is how I'll be doing mine first (a couple other recipes are in store too).

Easiest way and how we do it in New England:

New England Baked Haddock

Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 20 mins Serves: 2

New England baked haddock is one of the most delicious fish dishes you will ever have, yet it is so simple! With only three ingredients and 5 minutes of hands-on time, you will have an elegant, crowd-pleasing meal.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. haddock, rinsed and patted dry (or other mild-tasting white fish, such as catfish, flounder, pollock, or cod)
  • 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs (I make my own by throwing some toasted whole wheat bread in a food processor)
  • 6 tablespoons butter, melted
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • lemon wedges/slices, for serving (optional)

Instructions:

• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    • Pour a little of the melted butter in a baking sheet or dish and spread to coat the bottom.
    • Combine the bread crumbs with the rest of the melted butter (since I make my own bread crumbs, I just add the butter to the bread crumbs directly in the food processor)
    • Salt and pepper both sides of the fish, and lay in the buttered baking dish.
    • Sprinkle bread crumbs evenly over the fish
    • Bake for 15 minutes, or until fish is cooked thoroughly (and flakes easily)

Serve on top of lemon slices and with fresh lemon wedges to squeeze liberally!
-----------------------------------------------------
And screw the whole wheat, day old Italian bread works excellent.

· Reply · 3 hrs · Edited
I'll have to try that in the Halogen tomorrow, sorry Sunday because of the Get Together on Saturday.

I will be interested to see how they cook up..... the only issue I had with the cod loins was the the frozen weight of 200g reduced to a cooked weight of 100g...... that made them around 1,000 Baht a kilo "eatable"....... I want see how the haddock pans out..
Price at source UK ...
Don't forget you need to add shipping costs Ray .
So 1000B A kilo is exeptable
b1d54920cfd1ade4ed9c4512b8cf5900.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Back