90-day report and extensions

Deerculler

Surin relic
I went to KapCheong last Thursday and did my 90 days and O-A extentsion. Quite a few people coming and going. I sat outside and they took all my papers inside and a young lass kept bring papers out for me to sign.

I eventuallywent inside and had my photo taken.

A Thai gentleman in civvies came up to and introduced himself and asked me if I spoke Thai. I told mai and they all laughed.
He said he was there to help me and asked if I had any problems.

Told him no and that I was satisfied and happy with my times there.

All the Immigration Officers were very helpful,pleasant and polite. I got the impression that the Thai gentleman was a inspector of some kind.

Anyway everything went well for me

At my last extension, I patiently watched as several foreigners ahead of me had all their forms completed for them by the intern girl. I had all my forms completed ahead of time, but was presented with what I will call an "acknowledgement form" which is a simple form that you sign to say that you understand the rules of the visa. I have looked several times, but I have not seen in available online. As I was about to leave then the top guy announced that I should tip the girl for completing ALL my forms for me! I was the only one he asked. The girl looked pretty embarrassed.

Anybody know this form and where I can get it online?

Thanks @CO-CO I believe it was the first one, but I will complete the second one as well just in case.

Much appreciated. It wasn't the tip I was worried about, in fact the young girl was the only one who seemed to be doing any work, it was being accused of being too lazy or stupid to complete the forms myself.

At my last extension, I patiently watched as several foreigners ahead of me had all their forms completed for them by the intern girl. I had all my forms completed ahead of time, but was presented with what I will call an "acknowledgement form" which is a simple form that you sign to say that you understand the rules of the visa. I have looked several times, but I have not seen in available online. As I was about to leave then the top guy announced that I should tip the girl for completing ALL my forms for me! I was the only one he asked. The girl looked pretty embarrassed.

Anybody know this form and where I can get it online?
Like you, all bar the same form you talked about, all my paperwork is completed before I arrive at Immigration. I have never been asked to tip the girl. I have heard that the girl is on work experience and is not paid for being there.

Today with all forms completed including the "acknowledgement form" - thanks @CO-CO. I sat outside the immigration office while the the IO checked my papers. He said as I hadn't completed the forms it would cost me ฿200 for the forms to be completed by the intern girl. I pointed out that the reason the forms were not hand written was that I had imported the forms in word and typed my answers. He said if there was a problem with the forms and they needed to be rewritten it would cost me ฿200.

About 30 minutes later the intern girl came out with a hand written version of my forms. I asked what was the problem with my forms. "You stapled your photos onto the forms. They need to be glued on"

;;cry;;

Not that it should make any difference but why did you staple the photos onto the form?

And did they ask for new photographs which were not "damaged" by the staples?

Like you, all bar the same form you talked about, all my paperwork is completed before I arrive at Immigration. I have never been asked to tip the girl. I have heard that the girl is on work experience and is not paid for being there.
Quite a few of my students undertake the same at Immigration. Perhaps they are introducing them to what corruption is about within Surin. Don't get that BS at SSK????

Not that it should make any difference but why did you staple the photos onto the form?

The photos were stapled in the white border of the photos, so that they could repositioned if necessary. Once glued they could not be moved. Chomburi immigration always stapled photos that way, so that is how I have always done it since, including twice at Surin without comment.

And did they ask for new photographs which were not "damaged" by the staples?

I always carry spare photos, but was not asked for them, because the problem was not the holes in the photos, but rather the holes in the forms.

Today with all forms completed including the "acknowledgement form" - thanks @CO-CO. I sat outside the immigration office while the the IO checked my papers. He said as I hadn't completed the forms it would cost me ฿200 for the forms to be completed by the intern girl. I pointed out that the reason the forms were not hand written was that I had imported the forms in word and typed my answers. He said if there was a problem with the forms and they needed to be rewritten it would cost me ฿200.

About 30 minutes later the intern girl came out with a hand written version of my forms. I asked what was the problem with my forms. "You stapled your photos onto the forms. They need to be glued on"

;;cry;;
I have always submitted typed forms, usually downloaded from Thaivisa. Are you saying that Immigration is no longer accepting typed forms? Just curious as I am only a couple of months away from extending my permission to stay.

e.g. TM 7
upload_2020-10-20_20-5-17.png

I think the IO did not see any hand written forms so assumed I had not completed them. He did not say I could not type the forms. He just seemed keen to get my ฿200.

Is there a new boss down there? I was last there in May and the IOs were the same as the previous year. I didn't come across the boss.

@gotlost is usually in touch with the comings and goings of SI - perhaps he could shine some light?

Last we were told that intern was unpaid, so the tip was to pay her for her time. This year the story was that they employed her @ ฿300 per day to complete forms. So the ฿200 was to cover the cost of having the form completed.

Is there a new boss down there? I was last there in May and the IOs were the same as the previous year. I didn't come across the boss.

@gotlost is usually in touch with the comings and goings of SI - perhaps he could shine some light?
Same boss. But I have not step foot in side for about a year. Mrs GL gets to do all the work as they have given her the permission and even have photos..:rolleyes::D:D:D My take is you do not have the amount of customers paying a visit so they are not taking in the income they use to get.;) You will not see an office in Surin City for some time because of this.;;bad simle;;;;bad simle;;;;bad simle;; With the 214 on the brink of being completed and it is a beauty you have nothing to complain about except being lazy.;;haha;; SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUPS.;;haha;;;;haha;;;;haha;;;;haha;;;;haha;;;;haha;;

Last we were told that intern was unpaid, so the tip was to pay her for her time. This year the story was that they employed her @ ฿300 per day to complete forms. So the ฿200 was to cover the cost of having the form completed.
Work experience for 4th year students is usually unpaid labour but T.I.T. As GL suggests, its just plain old fashioned corruption. Are there no ' do not tip the officers' signs anymore or did they go the same way as 'Big Joke"???

My"intern" from last year was still there a year later, but another girl was now completing forms.
That girl does get paid BUT is only what she is. She fills out forums and has NO authority. It is a known fact that you only glue photo and never staple you never use any form except the forms you get from SI. If you are getting a Marriage extension the map is hand draw. ASK what they require.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back