97 foreigners held in visa crackdown. Surin/Buriram

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
97 foreigners held in visa crackdown

By Jitima Janphrom
The Nation
Khon Kaen

Ninety-seven foreigners had been arrested in the northeast for overstaying their visas or working illegally, Immigration Police acting regional director Maj General Natthawat Kandee told a press conference on Thursday.

Some had stayed illegally in Thailand for over a decade, he said, warning employers of serious punishments for hiring illegally.

Under Operation Zero Overstay, police on Wednesday searched Nong Khai, Ubon Ratchathani, Mukdahan, Nakhon

Phanom, Loei, Si Sa Ket, Nakhon Ratchasima, Surin, Bung Kan, Khon Kaen, Udon Thani, Sakhon Nakhon, Amnat Charoen, Roi Et, Maha Sarakham, Chaiyaphum and Buri Ram.

Those detained were mostly Indian, Laotian, Cambodian and Vietnamese with 27 overstaying their visas and 43 entering illegally. Nine worked without permission and two had not notified the authorities about their accommodation.

Police also charged 13 Thai homeowners for failing to notify the authorities about foreigners staying with them and three employers for taking on staff illegally, he added.

Natthawat said immigration police were also partially to blame for not performing proper checks.

He said crackdowns would continue periodically until they achieved Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan's goal of expelling all overstaying foreigners.

He said overstaying foreigners, once off the authorities' radar, were more likely to commit crimes such as fraud.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30356260

I want to state this categorically and with absolutely no ambiguity, I have no intention of working

Isn t good intentions what they paved the road to hell with? 55

I see a grey haired tall fellow in the picture, no self respecting Asian male would be seen with hair that colour. Wonder if a guava got caught

I want to state this categorically and with absolutely no ambiguity, I have no intention of working

Probably not the first time that you have said that.....

...fits the (stereotypical) profile of a Liverpool fan.....

Interesting statistics.
In deed it is. And Indians feature largely in the recent bust by Immigration and these people are more likely to commit fraud. Talking of which, I received a spam message from PayPal today saying I have paid for my airline ticket. Looked authentic but I knew it was not. It was addressed to my regular email address and not the special email address I use for matters that are a little more sensitive shall I say. I have reported the same to the real PayPal. And, yes, I did check my real account but there is no sign of such payment.

In deed it is. And Indians feature largely in the recent bust by Immigration and these people are more likely to commit fraud. Talking of which, I received a spam message from PayPal today saying I have paid for my airline ticket. Looked authentic but I knew it was not. It was addressed to my regular email address and not the special email address I use for matters that are a little more sensitive shall I say. I have reported the same to the real PayPal. And, yes, I did check my real account but there is no sign of such payment.
That must be all the Indians in Surin/Buriram province!!!
Cannot remember the last time that I’ve seen someone that looks of Indian persuasion in these parts of Isaan???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cannot remember the last time that I’ve seen someone that looks of Indian persuasion in these parts of Isaan???

Had 4 Pakistanis past by a few years back asking about the crossing being open or not and lodging.

A few months back at the Samsung shop in Lobison meet an Indian national and his Thai wife. She purchased a Samsng G9 about 32K. He paid cash.

I don't know how many others have experienced it but it is almost unheard of for a visitor (other than a Farang or close Thai friend) to walk through the gate without permission from either myself or my wife.

No gates as such in my terraks village but I’ve been known to attract a few waifs and strays looking for a handout or Sangsom. Some a tad more persistent than others but not serious troublemakers

Back