A good day out

The cost to enter the gardens is usually 100 baht for adults and 60 baht for children. There is an added bonus, Farangs get in for free, provided they are over 60 years of age. I was quite upset when the girl did not ask to see my driver's licence or passport to prove my age. And I always though I looked younger than 60 too!

upload_2018-10-13_17-53-6.png

upload_2018-10-13_17-53-44.png

upload_2018-10-13_17-54-22.png

upload_2018-10-13_18-3-31-png.24448

My only suggestion is to go on a full stomach. The iced-coffee and ice cream is good, anything else is risking disappointment.

I did laugh at the following sign .........................

upload_2018-10-13_18-6-48.png

Thanks Nomad, we went about 3 years ago and I enjoyed the visit

+1

Nomad’s report is a reminder that it may be time to go again......... there are plenty of other meal options en route.

I didn’t find any

The first time that we went to Tha Thum was to see "the weddings on elephants" (the first time that I met Joe). Myself and Geordie John managed to get lost. Wasn't difficult to find us - there was only one beer tent.

The first time that we went to Tha Thum was to see "the weddings on elephants" (the first time that I met Joe). Myself and Geordie John managed to get lost. Wasn't difficult to find us - there was only one beer tent.

The Henley Regatta beer tent had the best totty i can remember

I think I have been there 3 times with the family. Indeed a good day out. Never eaten there apart from an ice cream or such. About the same distance from Prakhonchai as from Surin

Good time to go is Dec/Jan when there have satawbelleeeeeeeeees.:)

I think I have been there 3 times with the family. Indeed a good day out. Never eaten there apart from an ice cream or such. About the same distance from Prakhonchai as from Surin

Good time to go is Dec/Jan when there have satawbelleeeeeeeeees.:)
And what, may I ask, is a satawbelleeeeeeeeees? Pictures please.

+1

Nomad’s report is a reminder that it may be time to go again......... there are plenty of other meal options en route.

Indeed there are, and no doubt far cheaper. However when out for the day with the family it is sometimes nice to partake of a meal at the venue, especially when there for several hours.

The restaurant in question may well have nothing directly to do with Play la Ploen, but it would not go amiss for Nomad to perhaps email Play la Ploen expressing his and his family's disappointment of the food served.

+1

This was our second visit and the temperature was much more acceptable than our first visit. It was a lovely day yesterday. I did remind my wife before we left that I refrained from eating during our previous visit as the food choice left something to be desired. However, being the start of the holidays the 'girls' were running late and it was past 13.00 before we arrived. Had we departed an hour or so earlier I am quite sure we would have stopped en-route for something to eat. My comment is not intended to be critical of the catering arrangements, it is merely pointing out that their forte is preparing and presenting gardens, not food. And the gardens certainly do not disappoint - they are excellent and free to visit for the older Farang! :D:D:D

Back