A nip in the air

I was up late today (06:30) after being awake half the night. I'm wearing a jacket and wool scarf and long trousers and I've already had two mugs of coffee to try and keep warm.

Has been a low of 23C overnight here in PKC for the past 2 nights. However from midweek the temperatuire will drop again, with 15C forecast overnight on Sunday 20th. As long as its not too cold on the night of 24th when Santa is making his rounds :)

The colder the better for my early morning start in the garden. The last couple of mornings have been a tad on the warm side. I see TMD is forecasting 19*C for tonight - that's better.

The colder the better for my early morning start in the garden. The last couple of mornings have been a tad on the warm side. I see TMD is forecasting 19*C for tonight - that's better.
Noticed that myself, Nomad. A bit warmer the past couple of days. Should cool down again for a couple weeks ending December. Usually does.

Strange weather. 15°C overnight yet 33°C now.

Is winter over?
Yorky, I've noticed this the past couple/few years. 1st week or so December it really cools down, then for a few days or so warms back up, then the end of the month usually has an even cooler spell before warming up in January. I'll take whatever we get. Love the cool season relief from the heat for a few weeks. And I like the heat, but those couple months of high humidity can just f**k off. LOL

I had to light the 'fire' in the living room this morning to give a little warmth for my family.

1608511939303.png

I bought one of these a few years ago. While only rated at 2 kw, it has just enough power to take the edge off the chill in the living room. :) :) :)

Glad I am inside! 5:40am

View attachment 37347
Went outside at 5 a.m. this morning. More than a bit brisk and invigorating. LOL Went and put on my flannel lined slippers. Those floor tiles were cold. :) I am prepared for it each year. Brought stuff over each trip back from the states over the years to deal with 'the chill'. It's only a few weeks a year, but best to have some clothing to deal with it comfortably. Flip flops/sandals and shorts just do not do for these few short weeks.

I had to light the 'fire' in the living room this morning to give a little warmth for my family.

View attachment 37348

I bought one of these a few years ago. While only rated at 2 kw, it has just enough power to take the edge off the chill in the living room. :) :) :)

Had 4 of these is the sandbox. Armco gave em to me FREE. Use all of them for about 6 week in the winter.

Back