AirAsia. Bangkok to Buriram April 2

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
AirAsia will soon be launching a new direct route in Thailand from Bangkok?s Don Mueang airport to Buriram in the Northeast of Thailand. Buriram was one of the places chosen for the Tourism Authority of Thailand?s ?Cities That Can?t Be Missed? campaign as it has a variety of appeals. The city is home to world renowned stone castle Panom Rung Castle as well as Mueang Tum Castle, another well known landmark that draws many visitors each year. Buriram also has a more modern draw as it is a leading location for sporting activities with its Motor Sports stadium and leading Thai football team, Buriram United, who are both Thai Premier League Champions and considered major contenders in Asia.

Mr. Santisuk Klongchaiya, Director of Commercial for Thai AirAsia, remarked that ?Don Mueang-Buriram? is a route that AirAsia has been excitedly waiting to introduce for sometime as it builds on the airline?s connection to the wave of sporting fervor that has developed over the past 2-3 years. He revealed that sports fans have been calling out for the route continuously and assured that AirAsia is glad to be able to help football fans travel to see their favorite team more comfortably with AirAsia?s great prices, noted on-time record and fleet of Airbus A320s, all ready to seat up to 180 passengers each day.

The new route ?Don Mueang-Buriram? begins flying on 2nd April 2015 in time for the Khao Phanom Rung Festival. The new route will be launched with a debut promotional fare starting at only 390 Baht per trip and is available for booking from today until 8 March 2015 for travel from 2 April 2015 to 26 March 2016 at www.airasia.com and all AirAsia ticketing channels; all Counter Service and 7-11 branches, via the mobile app, authorized agents, AirAsia Counters nationwide or through the Call Center Tel. 02-515-9999.

Source: Press Release

150223-mb-en-buriram.png

Tourists who arrive in Buriram may be a trifle miffed to find out that Phanom Rung and Muang Tam are actually quite a way from the town.... or the airport (though I've never known quite where the airport is).

Tourists who arrive in Buriram may be a trifle miffed to find out that Phanom Rung and Muang Tam are actually quite a way from the town.... or the airport (though I've never known quite where the airport is).

The airport at Satuk is about 39 km north of Buriram.

Phanom Rung and Muang Tam are 64 km south of Buriram.

That makes a total of 103km!

I have just booked a one way flight with Air Asia, from Buriram to Donmuang for the start of our journey back to the UK. I use Air Asia a lot for my trips to neighbouring
countries whilst we are over here, and usualy find they offer the best price for the flight concerned. But beware the Add on's. No free baggage allowance, unless its "carry on" seat selection is another cost. Insurance will be added automaticaly, and its up to you to find the protraced way of canceling it. And at the end they will charge you a credit card booking fee,per person, per way. It will all add up to significantly more than the cheap "get em hooked" fare that they quote.

No fly and ride with cheap charlie. You have to get your on transport to and from the airport.monkeywack

I have just booked a one way flight with Air Asia, from Buriram to Donmuang for the start of our journey back to the UK. I use Air Asia a lot for my trips to neighbouring
countries whilst we are over here, and usualy find they offer the best price for the flight concerned. But beware the Add on's. No free baggage allowance, unless its "carry on" seat selection is another cost. Insurance will be added automaticaly, and its up to you to find the protraced way of canceling it. And at the end they will charge you a credit card booking fee,per person, per way. It will all add up to significantly more than the cheap "get em hooked" fare that they quote.

We usually fly with JetStar (Qantas cheapie) to Australia. Lots of add-ons to the quoted price too, but still works out much cheaper than Thai or Qantas.

Good comments Black Dog. We have just come back from Chiang Rai with AirAsia. We bought 10kg each for 99 Baht (hardly a rip off). I bought more than I intended and decided to uprate to 20kg - it cost me another 231 baht.

One traveler checked in with 11.6 kg and there was a beautiful Thai "mai bpen rai" attitude from the check in staff.

I am an Air Asia fan and I fully understand what I am buying.

I have flown twice with AirAsia. First time to Hanoi/return and second to Penang/return. Very happy with AirAsia. There booking system is very easy to understand.

Back