Amazing Thailand--LMFAO.

FERRET

WELL WORN MEMBER
Went to Home pro today for a few small gardining bits and left flabergasted.
I needed some anadised chain to make some hanging pots for Pat, no problem, found the chain I needed but, F M Swinging,
They were selling it by " THE FOOT ???.", everything else is by the metre. Thainess at it's absolute finest.

I usually give up and leave quickly when in Home Pro. A Sawasdi Khrap at the entrance to every "soi" pisses me off. I just want to look around alone and quietly. If I need help, I will disturb the dozens of staff busy on their phones, who won't have a clue what I want!

I usually give up and leave quickly when in Home Pro. A Sawasdi Khrap at the entrance to every "soi" pisses me off. I just want to look around alone and quietly. If I need help, I will disturb the dozens of staff busy on their phones, who won't have a clue what I want!
Oh dear, I guess you mirror most of us ,experience with Thai retail. Makes me feel so uncomfortable. I don't need the help of someone that knows sweet FA.

One of our Panasonic shower heaters gave up the ghost a week or two ago. I repaired it temporarily, but it went off again on Wednesday. Though it isn't cold now, I dislike cold showers unless it is roasting hot, so I went to Power Buy and to Homepro yesterday after checking prices for a replacement. Both of the shower units have served us fine for nearly ten years, so I was happy to buy a like-for-like rather than messing around with other brands and needing to drill new holes in the wall. At both shops, the staff ignored my request for the model I wanted, and tried to upsell (pricewise anyway) to my missus. They should have noticed my irritation, but paid no heed. I walked out of Power Buy (though they had exactly what I wanted on display) and nearly did the same at Homepro too, for the same reason. They hung around us like flies on sh1t but I eventually picked up the box at Homepro and headed off to the tills with the guy who nearly cost them the sale trailing in my wake. Still, they were keen to do some business I suppose, just hadn't a clue how to deal with someone who was already sure about what he wanted.

Back