APPLY FOR NOTIFICATION OF STAYING IN THE KINGDOM

Not going to comment on your opinions of love, romance and marriage, however I will say that the fact of my "official American wedding" ensures Social Security benefits will be paid to my wife after I'm gone. I was self-employed for the majority of my working life so there aren't pensions etc. that she will be entitled to. I planned ahead, took care of business, and set myself up to be able to retire, and subsequently die, on my terms.

She will be very okay and I don't plan on checking out very soon anyway.

Not going to comment on your opinions of love, romance and marriage, however I will say that the fact of my "official American wedding" ensures Social Security benefits will be paid to my wife after I'm gone.

Mario, did your wife reside with you stateside ?
If affirmative, for how years was she residing in the US ?

Mario, did your wife reside with you stateside ?
If affirmative, for how years was she residing in the US ?
She never "resided" there, but came for month-long (or more) visits several times. She couldn't take the cold weather in winter-time Pacific Northwest so it was July, August, September, October visits. One year we took a month long drive in July to visit my relatives in southern and central California, but also visited the redwoods in northern Calif. and then continued north along the coast of Oregon and Washington.

She never "resided" there, but came for month-long (or more) visits several times. She couldn't take the cold weather in winter-time Pacific Northwest so it was July, August, September, October visits. One year we took a month long drive in July to visit my relatives in southern and central California, but also visited the redwoods in northern Calif. and then continued north along the coast of Oregon and Washington.
Although I'm not concurrent with requirements I was under an impression that there was a 5-year residency requirement for Thais who weren't US citizens to claim benefits.

There are other American members on this forum who have an up-to-date grasp on the regulations as I do not.

Surely SSA could provide accurate guidance.

Iv'e got to go and face that tunnel c*nted medusa on counter 6 next month. I know why the perspex screens are up, to stop someone snotting her.
Wife did my report last week. Haven been in immigration for 4 years.

Back