APPLY FOR NOTIFICATION OF STAYING IN THE KINGDOM

Only my passport. Sign the form, got pp back with new slip in it. LEAVE.

Again proving that the whole procedure is nonsense.

"The requirement is centered around reporting your address, and essentially a way to keep tabs on the whereabouts of foreign nationals inside Thailand."

Did you advise them of your current address?

What form?

I missed that initially.
I guess it was the TM47 with the new reporting date shown and signed by the Immigration Officer. I cannot remember the time I completed a TM47. I have only ever handed in my passport with the TM47 (previously provided) already attached to the passport, rear page. This is removed, a new TM 47 is provided and reattached to the passport.

I guess it was the TM47 with the new reporting date shown and signed by the Immigration Officer. I cannot remember the time I completed a TM47. I have only ever handed in my passport with the TM47 (previously provided) already attached to the passport, rear page. This is removed, a new TM 47 is provided and reattached to the passport.
Correct on all points.

As I've stated previously, when reporting 90 days in Surin I always take a completed TM47 with me but cannot remember when I was last asked for it. I've not been asked to sign any documents when applying in person for the last 4 years (about 4 times when the on-line facility was down).

As I've stated previously, when reporting 90 days in Surin I always take a completed TM47 with me but cannot remember when I was last asked for it. I've not been asked to sign any documents when applying in person for the last 4 years (about 4 times when the on-line facility was down).
It's the exact opposite for me in SSK, Y . They always provide a form to sign.

I was in hysterics when I read about Yorky's problems today while renewing his driving license. See #17. It wasn't just me having a bad day. Today was the day I had determined I would seek Immigration's approval to remain in Thailand for a further 365 days based on retirement. This morning I set off for a Bangkok bank in Surin, no names, no pack drill, to obtain a letter confirming my account and the balance thereon. What should have been a simple task taking no longer than 10 minutes at most, took the best part of 40 minutes. Notwithstanding my protests and interventions, neither the bank cashier nor my wife wanted to listen to what I had to say, nor what I wanted on the letter. I thought I had made myself very clear, the balance on my account in my letter should be exactly the same as the balance on my updated bank passbook. Everything would have been fine but for one thing, the ATM machine was broken and I needed money in my pocket, 1,900 baht, in particular, to pay for my renewed permission to remain and 100 baht for the letter. Not thinking this through, I prepared a bank slip to obtain some cash. I cannot remember the last time I had prepared such a slip, I always use the ATM but today, of all days, the ATM machine at the bank was "Out of Service". I had forgotten that they update the passbook after they give you the money, unlike a withdraw from the ATM. As the bank cashier had performed this service for me, out of my sight, I was none the wiser. Suffice it to say, the balance on the bank book was now different from the balance on the letter that she had prepared earlier. Moreover, the balance on the letter was shown in £ Sterling, not Thai Baht, together with a conversion rate. I challenged this and was told, not very politely, to butt out and mind my own business. This is the way it is now done in Bangkok Bank Thailand-wide. Fast forward 30 minutes, we arrived at Immigration and I was greeted by the 'boss' lady who took my paperwork. She was very pleasant and most helpful. Some 30 minutes later, my wife was summoned to explain why the balance on the bank book was not the same as the balance on the letter. She was also told that this was not acceptable and that I would need to obtain a new letter from the bank. (This was the same story I had told my wife on the way to Immigration. However, that went down like a lead balloon.) My wife explained I was unable to walk very well, hence the crutches under my chair, and this would be difficult. The 'boss' lady was very helpful and suggested my wife pay the money I had withdrawn back into the bank and update the bank book again. My wife disappeared with a bank book in hand to return 30 minutes later with an updated bank book. Both balances were now the same and this was accepted. Success. This completed my submission and my extension to remain was issued shortly thereafter.

One point I will make, the balance on my letter was listed in £ Sterling with a conversion/exchange rate listed below. Why the bank should list my balance in £ Sterling and not Thai Baht remains a mystery to me. I only have a Thai Baht account. I was unable to obtain an explanation. However, even more surprising was the simple fact that this was acceptable to Immigration. Yet another of the mysteries of Life! :)

I was in hysterics when I read about Yorky's problems today while renewing his driving license. See #17. It wasn't just me having a bad day. Today was the day I had determined I would seek Immigration's approval to remain in Thailand for a further 365 days based on retirement. This morning I set off for a Bangkok bank in Surin, no names, no pack drill, to obtain a letter confirming my account and the balance thereon. What should have been a simple task taking no longer than 10 minutes at most, took the best part of 40 minutes. Notwithstanding my protests and interventions, neither the bank cashier nor my wife wanted to listen to what I had to say, nor what I wanted on the letter. I thought I had made myself very clear, the balance on my account in my letter should be exactly the same as the balance on my updated bank passbook. Everything would have been fine but for one thing, the ATM machine was broken and I needed money in my pocket, 1,900 baht, in particular, to pay for my renewed permission to remain and 100 baht for the letter. Not thinking this through, I prepared a bank slip to obtain some cash. I cannot remember the last time I had prepared such a slip, I always use the ATM but today, of all days, the ATM machine at the bank was "Out of Service". I had forgotten that they update the passbook after they give you the money, unlike a withdraw from the ATM. As the bank cashier had performed this service for me, out of my sight, I was none the wiser. Suffice it to say, the balance on the bank book was now different from the balance on the letter that she had prepared earlier. Moreover, the balance on the letter was shown in £ Sterling, not Thai Baht, together with a conversion rate. I challenged this and was told, not very politely, to butt out and mind my own business. This is the way it is now done in Bangkok Bank Thailand-wide. Fast forward 30 minutes, we arrived at Immigration and I was greeted by the 'boss' lady who took my paperwork. She was very pleasant and most helpful. Some 30 minutes later, my wife was summoned to explain why the balance on the bank book was not the same as the balance on the letter. She was also told that this was not acceptable and that I would need to obtain a new letter from the bank. (This was the same story I had told my wife on the way to Immigration. However, that went down like a lead balloon.) My wife explained I was unable to walk very well, hence the crutches under my chair, and this would be difficult. The 'boss' lady was very helpful and suggested my wife pay the money I had withdrawn back into the bank and update the bank book again. My wife disappeared with a bank book in hand to return 30 minutes later with an updated bank book. Both balances were now the same and this was accepted. Success. This completed my submission and my extension to remain was issued shortly thereafter.

One point I will make, the balance on my letter was listed in £ Sterling with a conversion/exchange rate listed below. Why the bank should list my balance in £ Sterling and not Thai Baht remains a mystery to me. I only have a Thai Baht account. I was unable to obtain an explanation. However, even more surprising was the simple fact that this was acceptable to Immigration. Yet another of the mysteries of Life! :)

Listing in GBP is standard; Immigration convert at the rate they choose...

(Same with the old embassy letters)

Not the same as the old embassy letters. The old embassy letters listed your UK source of income in £ Sterling, pensions, interests, etc., and converted that to Thai baht. There was some logic to that. Why do the banks in Thailand convert your Thai baht account into £ Sterling? Even the pre-printed form supplied by the bank starts the line with Baht ............................... . They then insert the figure in £ Sterling. Not logical in the least.

Not the same as the old embassy letters. The old embassy letters listed your UK source of income in £ Sterling, pensions, interests, etc., and converted that to Thai baht. There was some logic to that. Why do the banks in Thailand convert your Thai baht account into £ Sterling? Even the pre-printed form supplied by the bank starts the line with Baht ............................... . They then insert the figure in £ Sterling. Not logical in the least.

The embassy numbers were irrelevant.

The IO determines the applicable exchange rate.

A few years back a friend (who met the income criteria based on the embassy letter) was encouraged to pay a 2,000 Baht 'fine' because he was too close to the minimum requirement....

As GL said....they make the rules.

I've never had a letter from Kasikorn Bank that has Sterling listed. The amount on the letter must match the amount in the passbook.

New Zealand always do my income letter in NZD and never have done a conversion to Thai Baht.
As Co CO says.
Immigration do there own conversion on the day you apply for your extension.

New Zealand always do my income letter in NZD and never have done a conversion to Thai Baht.
As Co CO says.
Immigration do there own conversion on the day you apply for your extension.
I think one or two of you are missing the point. I have a current bank account with Bangkok Bank that is in Thai Baht. I asked the bank to provide a letter to confirm that this was my account to show the current balance in my account. All the entries in my current account are shown in Thai Baht. So why did the bank cashier show the balance in my account as £ Sterling?

I think one or two of you are missing the point. I have a current bank account with Bangkok Bank that is in Thai Baht. I asked the bank to provide a letter to confirm that this was my account to show the current balance in my account. All the entries in my current account are shown in Thai Baht. So why did the bank cashier show the balance in my account as £ Sterling?

Probably thought that, as a Farang, you would not understand Thai Baht. :joycat::joycat:

Perhaps ask them....

Too much involvement of Thai wives/partners etc. Just go to the bank ALONE, (someone there can speak English) state exactly what you want and stay till you get it and are satisfied. Bloody hell........the bank staff are only there because customers have their money in the bank which pays their salaries. YOU are the boss, not the cashiers!

I did. I was told no can do. Only like this! WTF?

Odd that it only appears to be you that is affected by this.

Did SWMBO not challenge them?

I will go back and check my Kasikorn bank letter ( which I am 99% certain only quotes Baht.

Back