Apsara French restaurant opening soon

Discussion in 'Restaurants and Places to eat in Surin' started by Cent, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Eanto

Eanto Guest

Better that botty detail than my sons ...

2. Eanto

Eanto Guest

I was referring to your Aspara quote ... :tongueout:

3. nomad97

nomad97 Ordinary member

Freudian slip.

4. Eanto

Eanto Guest

Bought my teerak one but she won’t wear it to bed

FERET likes this.
  5. nomad97

nomad97 Ordinary member

Why not? Sexy. Just love a Freudian slip.
    [​IMG]

6. Eanto

Eanto Guest

Could nearly be on another thread ...

Ivor the Engine likes this.
  7. Yorky

Yorky Surin Legend

I hear that the Chef jacked two days before the opening?

gotlost likes this.
  8. FERET

FERET Surin Legend

Nothing better than tan skin tight jammies and a braziian;):eek::eek::rolleyes::D;;greedy;;;;grimace;;;;bad simle;;

9. Eanto

Eanto Guest

True but what if you’ve got a sloppy Uruguyvan?

FERET likes this.
  10. FERET

FERET Surin Legend

Have no idea what that thing is but, it sounds, well, unappetising.
    Is it related to a Punannie ?, the mind boggles.

11. Yorky

Yorky Surin Legend

A little animosity evident on farcebook.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  12. Merlin

Merlin Surin Legend

I must be missing something then, though I don't understand your own cynicism of their new business. Would you like to elaborate?

13. Yorky

Yorky Surin Legend

I'm not expressing an opinion, just stating fact.

14. ColinW

ColinW Surin Legend

New restaurants should be welcome in Surin.
    Individually it is up to us if we patronise them or not but I don't like to see negative comments by people who haven't been (this is a general comment not aimed at Yorky).
    I always admire Cent who has a restaurant but is never less than encouraging of new businesses.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    BigA, FranzD., trigger66 and 3 others like this.
  15. Coffee

Coffee Surin Legend

What is the exact meaning of jacked in your statement ?

Ie:
    - jacked off
    - jacked up
    - (hi)jacked / stolen (past tense)
    - 'vamoosed'

gotlost and FERET like this.
  16. Merlin

Merlin Surin Legend

It was a genuine comment from me - I can't see anything on FB that could be described as animosity towards the restaurant - so what am I missing please? And what are the facts that you refer to? I'm interested because those people who were there for the opening all seemed to enjoy their food (and drink).

Francois apologised to anyone affected by delays due to it being a full house. We also saw new staff racing around trying to serve one particularly large, demanding, group - but that could happen anywhere to anyone in those circumstances, couldn't it?

I'm not "having a go" here Yorky, but just wonder why your posts about the place have been quite so pointed. I didn't see you there that night.

nomad97 likes this.
  17. FERET

FERET Surin Legend

Pisstalawego, hasta la vista.

Croc likes this.
  18. Yorky

Yorky Surin Legend

Because I think the idea has been badly thought out.

I haven't been there because I am not a lover of French nouvelle cuisine particularly at the prices per pound.

I have heard two very good reports (from Colin and yourself) and two not too favourable comments from others. I have heard no further reports since Monday 25th March.

Regarding the Facebook squabble, I find it somewhat disturbing and immature for management to publish such potentially libelous comments on an open forum. Four people that I know have seen and read the comments but I'm not prepared to transcribe them here on this forum. If you wish, I shall PM the text to you.

nomad97 and gotlost like this.
  19. Merlin

Merlin Surin Legend

Each to his own, I suppose, Yorky, though I don't care for meagre portions either - regardless of what kid of fare it is called. I didn't feel that the photos reflected the quantities served on the opening night though - my plate, and the others around me were normal portions. Not Desperate Dan sized, but normal nevertheless.

A PM'd transcript of what you saw would be gratefully received - thanks.

nomad97 and gotlost like this.
  20. Yorky

Yorky Surin Legend

Personally I have not made negative comments about the quality of the food, efficiency of the staff nor the ambience of the establishment.

My comments have been regarding the quantities (as shown on the images) and the prices thereof (as listed on Facebook).

gotlost likes this.
New | Recent