Apsara French restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies.
An apsara, also spelled as apsaras by the Oxford Dictionary (respective plurals apsaras and apsarases), is a female spirit of the clouds and waters in Hindu and Buddhist culture. They figure prominently in the sculpture, dance, literature and painting of many South Asian and Southeast Asian cultures.

I was referring to your Aspara quote ... :tongueout:

Bought my teerak one but she won’t wear it to bed
Why not? Sexy. Just love a Freudian slip.
sexy-lingerie-satin-babydoll-night-dress.jpg

New restaurants should be welcome in Surin.
Individually it is up to us if we patronise them or not but I don't like to see negative comments by people who haven't been (this is a general comment not aimed at Yorky).
I always admire Cent who has a restaurant but is never less than encouraging of new businesses.

Last edited:
I'm not expressing an opinion, just stating fact.

It was a genuine comment from me - I can't see anything on FB that could be described as animosity towards the restaurant - so what am I missing please? And what are the facts that you refer to? I'm interested because those people who were there for the opening all seemed to enjoy their food (and drink).

Francois apologised to anyone affected by delays due to it being a full house. We also saw new staff racing around trying to serve one particularly large, demanding, group - but that could happen anywhere to anyone in those circumstances, couldn't it?

I'm not "having a go" here Yorky, but just wonder why your posts about the place have been quite so pointed. I didn't see you there that night.

I'm not "having a go" here Yorky, but just wonder why your posts about the place have been quite so pointed. I didn't see you there that night.

Because I think the idea has been badly thought out.

I haven't been there because I am not a lover of French nouvelle cuisine particularly at the prices per pound.

I have heard two very good reports (from Colin and yourself) and two not too favourable comments from others. I have heard no further reports since Monday 25th March.

Regarding the Facebook squabble, I find it somewhat disturbing and immature for management to publish such potentially libelous comments on an open forum. Four people that I know have seen and read the comments but I'm not prepared to transcribe them here on this forum. If you wish, I shall PM the text to you.

Because I think the idea has been badly thought out.

I haven't been there because I am not a lover of French nouvelle cuisine particularly at the prices per pound.

I have heard two very good reports (from Colin and yourself) and two not too favourable comments from others. I have heard no further reports since Monday 25th March.

Regarding the Facebook squabble, I find it somewhat disturbing and immature for management to publish such potentially libelous comments on an open forum. Four people that I know have seen and read the comments but I'm not prepared to transcribe them here on this forum. If you wish, I shall PM the text to you.

Each to his own, I suppose, Yorky, though I don't care for meagre portions either - regardless of what kid of fare it is called. I didn't feel that the photos reflected the quantities served on the opening night though - my plate, and the others around me were normal portions. Not Desperate Dan sized, but normal nevertheless.

A PM'd transcript of what you saw would be gratefully received - thanks.

Individually it is up to us if we patronise them or not but I don't like to see negative comments by people who haven't been (this is a general comment not aimed at Yorky).

Personally I have not made negative comments about the quality of the food, efficiency of the staff nor the ambience of the establishment.

My comments have been regarding the quantities (as shown on the images) and the prices thereof (as listed on Facebook).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back