ASX still holding

5% from 7 figures is substancial.

I do not follow the ASX but you've probably enjoyed the greatest decade run in equity history.
$1,000,000 now at $950,000...is not a big shyte looking beyond the next ten or twenty years.
Remember you can't take it with you. ;-)

Why not invest dividends and capital gains back in at lower multiple hence increasing or diversifying your portofolio.

I do not follow the ASX but you've probably enjoyed the greatest decade run in equity history.
$1,000,000 now at $950,000...is not a big shyte looking beyond the next ten or twenty years.
Remember you can't take it with you. ;-)

Why not invest dividends and capital gains back in at lower multiple hence increasing or diversifying your portofolio.
Good market insight mate. My pension is set @ 85% market to 15% cash, my wages. Once a year, I place an amount into the short term money market from my cash portion
for a six month flutter, some years good, some average but, always better than average interest rates x 2-4 %. My dividends from my 85% are either reinvested or cashed out, depending on circumstances.

Good market insight mate. My pension is set @ 85% market to 15% cash, my wages. Once a year... (cont'd)....
My dividends from my 85% are either reinvested or cashed out, depending on circumstances.

Personally I view 15% as too much out of play in an extreme low-interest rate market unless that is for living expenses and so forth.

As well I can understand if that amount is utilized for your home-build.

Diversification still remains key. imho

Personally I view 15% as too much out of play in an extreme low-interest rate market unless that is for living expenses and so forth., so

As well I can understand if that amount is utilized for your home-build.

Diversification still remains key. imho
Cafe, By Australian law, I must draw 4% of my pension P/A so, making 6 +% P/A works for me at the moment, +2%. Yes, it is a bear market and will be for a while until it normalises. Blue chips work for me,
Bring on the = 7-10 % again.

Back