"ATM" charges

Yorky

Fullritis Member
I have 2 accounts with Bangkok Bank in Surin which have been dormant for some 5 years at least. Yesterday my wife took the passbooks into the Big C branch for updating and I notice that every year for the past 5 both accounts have an "ATM charge" of Bht 200.00. I do have an ATM card for one of the accounts and have had for some 12 years but this has not been replaced.

Any ideas?

Y (Bht 2,000.00 lighter in the wallet)

They will charge you on the account for which you have an ATM card, but shouldn't charge you if you don't. I handed in an ATM card (SCB) on one account specifically to avoid this charge.

They will charge you on the account for which you have an ATM card, but shouldn't charge you if you don't. I handed in an ATM card (SCB) on one account specifically to avoid this charge.

A wonderful word "shouldn't" - particularly in Thailand.

However, do you know the basis behind this charge?

Y (still Bht 2,000.00 down)

I have 2 accounts with Bangkok Bank in Surin which have been dormant for some 5 years at least. Yesterday my wife took the passbooks into the Big C branch for updating and I notice that every year for the past 5 both accounts have an "ATM charge" of Bht 200.00. I do have an ATM card for one of the accounts and have had for some 12 years but this has not been replaced.

Any ideas?

Y (Bht 2,000.00 lighter in the wallet)

So is it 2,000 baht annual fee, or 200 baht annual fee? Just wondering.

I had the same thing happen to me. I tried to start using an ATM card I hadn't used for a few years and had to pay 200 baht per year from the last year I used it to get it reactivated.

I had the same thing happen to me. I tried to start using an ATM card I hadn't used for a few years and had to pay 200 baht per year from the last year I used it to get it reactivated.

I just said I damaged it,handed over the old bent one, and they activated me a new one for 200 baht at the Bangkok Bank.

My Kasikorn Bank card expired some years' ago. I had never used it. When I enquired about a replacement, they wanted about 800 baht so I will continue to not use it!

Back