Avoid rabid dogs and people

Something does not ring true with the report.

1676126270157.png

Most people, do not go through the 3 or 4 stage process of being vaccinated as a precaution against catching rabies. Protection only lasts anywhere from six months to two years, depending on the type of vaccine received. I was bitten by a young kitten I was rescuing from an early death in a rain butt. It had fallen into the water and was drowning after being chased by my two dogs. Being a good Samaritan, I rescued the kitten and was bitten for my troubles. As a precaution, I went to the hospital the next day and received the first of four jabs against rabies.

Given the short duration of protection that a vaccination provides, most people only get jabbed once they have been bitten. I find the report stating all had previously been vaccinated against rabies to be unbelieveable. Unless of course, an earlier rabies vaccination had been the reason all 67 had tested positive, not that all 67 had been bitten by rabid animals. It is hard to know what the real threat is in the Surin area. My dogs have been vaccinated and this is a timely reminder to get them vaccinated again. As to anyone else, I would not rush out to get vaccinated unless you have been bitten by an animal, rabid or otherwise.

Something does not ring true with the report.

View attachment 59724

Most people, do not go through the 3 or 4 stage process of being vaccinated as a precaution against catching rabies. Protection only lasts anywhere from six months to two years, depending on the type of vaccine received. I was bitten by a young kitten I was rescuing from an early death in a rain butt. It had fallen into the water and was drowning after being chased by my two dogs. Being a good Samaritan, I rescued the kitten and was bitten for my troubles. As a precaution, I went to the hospital the next day and received the first of four jabs against rabies.

Given the short duration of protection that a vaccination provides, most people only get jabbed once they have been bitten. I find the report stating all had previously been vaccinated against rabies to be unbelieveable. Unless of course, an earlier rabies vaccination had been the reason all 67 had tested positive, not that all 67 had been bitten by rabid animals. It is hard to know what the real threat is in the Surin area. My dogs have been vaccinated and this is a timely reminder to get them vaccinated again. As to anyone else, I would not rush out to get vaccinated unless you have been bitten by an animal, rabid or otherwise.
I am more wary of the rabid people than I am of the dogs. LOL

Back