Back to the Future

nomad97

Resident Geek
Sirindhorn Secondary School for Girls will start online learning next Tuesday, 1st June, and this will continue until 11th June (2 weeks).

Thereafter, the usual class size of 40 will be reduced to 2 groups of 20, and these two groups will go back to school on alternate days until further notice. The group that stays at home will continue with online learning, day on, day off.

1622202297335.png

I have two daughters at this school and the question is, will their respective groups go on the same day or alternate days? Sod's Law being what it is, the chauffeur, me, will be on daily runs rather than once every 2 days. :) :) :)

I feel sure that a little chat with "whoever" at the school, perhaps armed with some tasty mangos will allow your girls to go to school on the same day

I feel sure that a little chat with "whoever" at the school, perhaps armed with some tasty mangos will allow your girls to go to school on the same day
No chance! Piss ups and breweries come to mind. They have always split the classes down the middle, for admin purposes, 20 in Group A and 20 in Group B. They strictly allocated students to each group by how well they did in the entrance exam for that year. The top 20 students are allocated to group A, the remainder are allocated to group B. Within each group they are listed by name alphabetically. I know the youngest daughter is in Group B, but I have yet to learn what group the eldest daughter will be allocated to. She seems to think she will also be in Group B. Now you might think that will work out well for me and I will only have to run them to school on alternate days. I started out with piss ups and breweries but now move on to Sod's Law. There is no guarantee, none whatsoever, that Year 1 Group B will go to school on the same days as Year 4 Group B. The logical approach is not always the approach adopted by the school. I guess I will find out before too long. After all, they start school in 4 days time.

ศูนย์ข้อมูล COVID-19 จังหวัดสุรินทร์

MttiSpaoimyso 3a1g afnat so1m0gr:acn0eg1d PMhli ·

Announcement! Surin Provincial Education Office on Licensing. Opening of Semester 1, Academic Year 2564
The school in Surin province will open the semester before 14 June 2564 in 5 styles including Online, On air, Online, On hand, On demand.
Details: shorturl.asia/ZUFBk

1622697302976.png

One for Ivor the professor, any ideas how they are delivering education 5 different ways? On-site (in the school presumably) and online (study at home) I am familiar with. On-air, presumably broadcast by the Thai Broadcasting system. But the other two, on-hand and on-demand are not so obvious.

ศูนย์ข้อมูล COVID-19 จังหวัดสุรินทร์

MttiSpaoimyso 3a1g afnat so1m0gr:acn0eg1d PMhli ·

Announcement! Surin Provincial Education Office on Licensing. Opening of Semester 1, Academic Year 2564
The school in Surin province will open the semester before 14 June 2564 in 5 styles including Online, On air, Online, On hand, On demand.
Details: shorturl.asia/ZUFBk

View attachment 40683

One for Ivor the professor, any ideas how they are delivering education 5 different ways? On-site (in the school presumably) and online (study at home) I am familiar with. On-air, presumably broadcast by the Thai Broadcasting system. But the other two, on-hand and on-demand are not so obvious.
No idea . We will probably be told the day before we start the term or (more likely) not be told at all.
I'm still waiting to hear about getting a jab before term starts too.

I expect to be left to our own devises, as they did last term (when most of the Thai teachers treated it like it was a holiday).

For the past week, my 2 daughters have been one day on/ one day off at the Sirindhorn School for Girls in Surin. That's one day at school (half a class) and the other day at home for online learning. We have just received notification from the school today that the school will be closed next week. All students are to remain at home and undertake online learning. The school has taken this action due to the increasing number of people returning from the metropolitan areas of Bangkok and surrounds and the corresponding increase in the number of Covid-19 cases in the province. The school will keep the situation under review and provide further updates as necessary.

I have no information concerning the other schools in Surin.

For the past week, my 2 daughters have been one day on/ one day off at the Sirindhorn School for Girls in Surin. That's one day at school (half a class) and the other day at home for online learning. We have just received notification from the school today that the school will be closed next week. All students are to remain at home and undertake online learning. The school has taken this action due to the increasing number of people returning from the metropolitan areas of Bangkok and surrounds and the corresponding increase in the number of Covid-19 cases in the province. The school will keep the situation under review and provide further updates as necessary.

I have no information concerning the other schools in Surin.
The school has taken this action due to the increasing number of people returning from the metropolitan areas of Bangkok and surrounds and the corresponding increase in the number of Covid-19 cases in the province.

What a disgrace! Are the Surin authorities, and no doubt many more local authorities yet to be revealed, so incompetent, that they cannot find these people the moment they arrive and incarcerate them before they cause problems. For starters keep them well clear of everyone, and later on punish them severely as they rightly deserve.

The school has taken this action due to the increasing number of people returning from the metropolitan areas of Bangkok and surrounds and the corresponding increase in the number of Covid-19 cases in the province.

What a disgrace! Are the Surin authorities, and no doubt many more local authorities yet to be revealed, so incompetent, that they cannot find these people the moment they arrive and incarcerate them before they cause problems. For starters keep them well clear of everyone, and later on punish them severely as they rightly deserve.
There should a roadblock on both the 24 and 226 where all travelers are pulled over and questioned. However, that does not seem to have happened and we are now paying the consequences. The number of new cases being found each day is on the rise. It's only a matter of time before local hospital beds are also full. Some 36 new cases in the past 3 days alone.

1624793345421.png

Back