Ban Kruat Octogenarian slashes wife, 74, to death after she refused to get back together

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member

Pictures (2): Manager Online

An 84 year old Buriram man - alone and depressed - went to find his wife who had left him to return to her daughter in a nearby village.

He took a 67 cm long kitchen knife with him.

When she refused to get back together unless the old man bought her gold he attacked over the back of the neck.

After she fell to the ground he finished the job with blows to the face and chest.

He said he was sorry but he was so angry he couldn't help himself.

Ngon Khanprahone, 74, was found slashed to death at her daughter's house in Ban Kruat district of Buriram on Wednesday. One of the wounds stretched from forehead to mouth.

The murder took place in front of the victim's daughter who ran and alerted neighbors and relatives.

Soon Jorn, 84 was in custody.

Yesterday he told Pol Lt Somrak Moonharn of the Bang Kruat police what led up to the tragic event and what happened on Wednesday.

Jorn said that both him and his wife had families from previous relationships. They lived together for five years at his house but never registered the marriage.

But they frequently argued.

On about August 1st she left him to go and stay with her daughter who lived in a house in the next village 2 kilometers away.

He felt lonely and he missed her terribly.

So he went to see her to ask her to come back to him but she refused.

"She said I needed to get her a one baht gold chain for her to come back", he said.

But he only had 3,000 baht to his name. The chain would cost more like 20,000 baht.

Pictures (2): Manager Online

Enraged he got out an Itoh kitchen knife he had brought with him and slashed her over the back of the neck. After she fell he slashed her face and chest.

"I am sorry, I was angry," he said, "I didn't mean to kill her but I couldn't control myself".

Police charged him with premeditated murder and said he would be ordered jailed by the provincial court today.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topi...death-after-she-refused-to-get-back-together/
Source: Manager Online

Back