Bangkok Smog

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Bangkok smog as seen from Kap Choeng.. These phots were just taken.

27867454_896457180512573_1446409431161700866_n.jpg
27972322_896457200512571_755074168519838987_n.jpg

It is a good story and nice pictures but I will have to let some facts get in the way of your good story. The prevailing winds this time of year blow NW from Bangkok so no that is not the result of Bangkok smog. More likely rice fields alight to the east of you.

It is a good story and nice pictures but I will have to let some facts get in the way of your good story. The prevailing winds this time of year blow NW from Bangkok so no that is not the result of Bangkok smog. More likely rice fields alight to the east of you.

BULL.;;bad simle;;

Crap , I hate being right, you actually made me check. Yes I am right the winds when not calm are blowing from the ESE I am wrong by 22 degrees. Definitely not in your direction GL.
Eggs and the sucking forth and the teachings of such technique ring a bell here. :p
Yes I know, no need to tell me.

Now had GL used a simile and not a metaphor all would have been well. He should have said, "The air in Kap Cheong was like a Bangkok smog."

Crap , I hate being right, you actually made me check. Yes I am right the winds when not calm are blowing from the ESE I am wrong by 22 degrees. Definitely not in your direction GL.
Eggs and the sucking forth and the teachings of such technique ring a bell here. :p
Yes I know, no need to tell me.

I knew that would get U. ;;bad simle;; Air quality this morn for isaan sucks as usual for this time of year as burning continues all over Thailand,Cambodia and ALL southeast asia. I'm still looking but the best satellite map I find so far of fires in SEA is http://fires.globalforestwatch.org/...s,activeFires&activeBasemap=topo&x=0&y=40&z=3

Now had GL used a simile and not a metaphor all would have been well. He should have said, "The air in Kap Cheong was like a Bangkok smog."

The thing is, It is not impossible for smog to travel that far. Just not on this occasion. Now that is where all your smog is coming from GL Cambodia, from the SE.
Nice picture that one GL. I worked on the team that produced that technology. The Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer (AVHRR) a broad-band, four or five channel (depending on the model) scanner, sensing in the visible, near-infrared, and thermal infrared portions of the electromagnetic spectrum. This sensor is carried on NOAA's Polar Orbiting Environmental Satellites (POES), beginning with TIROS-N in 1978. There is even a special channel used for volcano eruptions.

The thing is, It is not impossible for smog to travel that far. Just not on this occasion. Now that is where all your smog is coming from GL Cambodia, from the SE.
Nice picture that one GL. I worked on the team that produced that technology. The Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer (AVHRR) a broad-band, four or five channel (depending on the model) scanner, sensing in the visible, near-infrared, and thermal infrared portions of the electromagnetic spectrum. This sensor is carried on NOAA's Polar Orbiting Environmental Satellites (POES), beginning with TIROS-N in 1978. There is even a special channel used for volcano eruptions.

How about fixing this forking website.:eek::rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Back