bank account

M

mrloy99

A few years ago while I was married( in a civil ceromony in Thailand in Loei province)I tried to open a bank account in the local bank but was knocked back as I (I think)couldn't show that I was a resident or that I could be permitted to remain in the country for over a year.The wife at the time said that I could do it "no pompen" in Pattaya.I never got round to it before getting fleeced.Is there still issues with Farang having bank accounts,and what documentation is required to open an account.
I am now fastly approaching my 50th birthday and current gf hails from Surin province.

Opened my first Thai bank account with Siam Commercial bank over 5 years ago in Pattaya. I think that only went smoothly because I took my GF with me.

Opened one 3 years ago with Kasikorn Bank in Prakhonchai where they were much more user-friendly. Seem to recall that I just presented my passport and 50,000 Baht

It will depend on the bank. Some will be impossible and some will be a cake walk. If one says no just go to another. I opened my first account at a Bangkok Bank in Pattaya on a visa exempt stamp and used the Pig and Whistle as my address.

I opened my first account at Bankok Bank Head Office in Silom. There was no problem whatsoever, even though I was there just as a tourist on a visa-on-arrival for 30 days. They even gave me a free bag as a welcome gift.

When I went back a year or two later I had a three month O visa and they gave me internet banking and said that was only possible because I had such a visa.

Never tried in Surin but will have to soon. Having an account in BKK means I pay for ATM withdrawals when in Surin.

for me same as gotlost
a cake walk even in 1988 with no cash,tourist visa, kasikorn in kho samoi hehehe
and a litle bit thai and no gf going with me

Opened an account at Kasikorn in Pattaya a few years ago when still on a 3-month O Visa. No problem, just brought my passport and 1000 baht. Gave my address as the hotel at the time.

Opened a bank account Bangkok Bank Surin....1991....no problem had tea with the headman at the time too and a free Bangkok Bank pen and calender...V.I.P...... course took 2 hours to exchange Canadian funds ....//flag

i have opend acconts in siam in jomtien and sangkha and kasikorn surin with no problems at all just took my wife with me and my pasport and her blue book
last time i needed a new account for savings so i went alone to kasikorn and he open a new account for me he just went down in the basement and found copys of the other account i have in the bank and wupti a new account

Back