Beach bar expanding

That's the same owners and N=N's place has always been a double unit without a wall between. When we were there ( Beaches place now ) there was a disco called Heaven.

That was quite a long time ago.

Isn't the owner of the Farang Connection apartment/shop front blocks and the owner of the Soi Kola shop fronts one and the same owner?

That was quite a long time ago.

Isn't the owner of the Farang Connection apartment/shop front blocks and the owner of the Soi Kola shop fronts one and the same owner?

yes he is

yes he is

I thought so.

They have been refurbishing a lot of the shops along Soi Kola the past year or so. Some still empty and having work done. Does anyone know what these places are going to be once they are finished? 2 of them at the end of the soi were A-gogo bars (The upstairs Hard Rock A-gogo, and the downstairs 60s Pub), both of which were combined into one A-gogo around the corner (forget the name of it now) across from the Jah Bar. I am wondering if they will go back to the Soi Kola location once that is done, or if there are other plans for the soi now. A couple of the Karaoke bars are still there, and the long running Celebrate restaurant as well. I've never seen much going on in the newer small shops across from Celebrate.

Permission has already been granted. The wall is coming down, with maybe some Floyd being played in the background.

Ah, The Wall, yes? Appropriate. Well done. The concert video LIVE would do well for the destruction. Yeah. 10of10ScoreEvilLaugh1MonkeyFightBow5ThumbUp6

Then the whole area Soi Kola must be sold. I talk about the past when we had our bar there and we would not get a permission to knoch the wall down.

The owner is typical Thai I guess. His qualifications and regulations change at whim and will. We looked into renting where The Beach is now a couple of years ago and he said he would not want to lease to any more 'restaurants' there on the soi. I thought it odd back then, as the soi could be made into a 'Walking Street' type area where you had all the nightlife and food venues, restaurants, Karaokes, the A-gogo bars, the Speed 3 Disco, they could do/have a few food carts and vendors along the soi where the new little shops are, a Rock 'n Roll type Pub, etc. I would expect it would do very well, and gain good income stream from all, and would be a good draw for farang and Thai alike in the evenings, which would work well for all involved by bringing in more customers for everyone. Add a good burger cart like at the entrance to Nana Plaza, a schwarma cart, a soups cart, and on and on.

Hell, I wish I had the money and the properties. I'd make it a rocking area for Surin city. :)

I think the deposit for taking down the wall was already included in the yearly rental, so one can assume that it will be paid back if the premises is vacated and the wall is put back up. If the deposit is not refunded, one could also assume that it would hang on the owners of the property, if they choose to put the wall back up and the deposit would be eaten up. Fair play. IMO

Last edited:
I think the deposit for taking down the wall was already included in the yearly rental, so one can assume that it will be paid back if the premises is vacated and the wall is put back up. If the deposit is not refunded, one could also assume that it would hang on the owners of the property, if they choose to put the wall back up and the deposit would be eaten up. Fair play. IMO

That is how I read the Farang Connection situation. Just to add, in said establishment both ground floor and first floor walls were removed.

I think being Chinese would be a prerequisite?

I can speak Chinese after drinking a bottle or two of whiskey. Does that count? :)

[ 1st mate: 'What the hell is he saying?'
2nd mate: 'I don't know. I think it's f**king Chinese!' ]

Last edited:
Ha-ha ! Cent, you know everybody speaks Chinese after drinking a bottle of whiskey !

Or is it Mandarin Crazy1

Fancied a nightcap last evening, after enjoying an excellent meal with the family at Corner Cafe. (Most of the main restaurants along the klong were very busy)

The wall was down, but there were workmen around inside, and it was hardly inviting. Perhaps after the Office on Saturday, all will be ready.

I've never drank a bottle of Mandarin.

Try a litre of mandarin juice from 7-eleven or the supermarket. It improves your Chinese no end, but better if you pour vodka or Bacardi into it.

Had a nice time at the Beach Bar last night. We played some music (The 3 f**king Americans) and had a tribute for those killed and injured on 911 and a moment of silence. The American anthem was played first. Dan read off a list of all the countries who had citizens killed in the attack. It was a nice tribute in remembrance.

The expansion came out very good and there is more space and a better flow of air through the place as well. Nice pool table, some decent seating and tables, and a good vibe about the place.

Now if they just would stock some Archa, Carlsberg, Beer Lao dark and regular, and/or Tiger beer I'd be a more frequent customer. :) I don't like Singha, Leo, Heineken, and the only beer I'll drink there is the San Mig Light, which will do in a pinch but I would rather have more choice.

All in all a nice enjoyable evening.

Mike

sanook...

...sanook Chokdee5

"Plucked her eyebrows on the way.
Shaved her legs then he was a she. boobs2
Hey honey , take a walk on the wild side...

...and the coloured girls say ,
Doo do doo do doo do dooo..."

{Random lines attributed to Lou Reed.}

Back