'Beach bar' opening by Frenchman

alanthebuilder

Administrator
French bar opening near Nobies on the Sio Cola strip ,I met a French guy yesterday who is opening this .
He says hes aiming at Farang custumers as well as Thai ,will be open in a week, cocktails and food French I guess ,time will tell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets hope that news of this venture comes out more quickly than that of Tam Tam the Italian restaurant.

"A French Bar on Soi Cola"

AtB, from your description it sounds like a wide open category of what this 'establishment' may entail.

ie: sponsor N & N is a restaurant that has a bar inside and definitely serves food.

Wouldn't a French restaurant be more apt to serve food ?

On an other note, I recall well that the last fellow from France whom opened shoppe along the khlong towards Rajabhat Univ - it was suggested for customers to order their meal well in advance (ie: 4 -6 hours) of dining as French cuisine must be properly prepared taking proper time for prepartaion. I'm hoping this will not be the order of the day if this French Bar does open.

Nice find AtB - how many doors down from N& N ? Is it past karoake ladies and Celebrate ?

AtB, from your description it sounds like a wide open category of what this 'establishment' may entail.

ie: sponsor N & N is a restaurant that has a bar inside and definitely serves food.

Wouldn't a French restaurant be more apt to serve food ?

On an other note, I recall well that the last fellow from France whom opened shoppe along the khlong towards Rajabhat Univ - it was suggested for customers to order their meal well in advance (ie: 4 -6 hours) of dining as French cuisine must be properly prepared taking proper time for prepartaion. I'm hoping this will not be the order of the day if this French Bar does open.

Nice find AtB - how many doors down from N& N ? Is it past karoake ladies and Celebrate ?

Jumping the gun a bit Coffee.

Alan said the French guy was opening a bar a bit down from Norbies. It was only Alan's suggestion that maybe cocktails and French food would be sold.

Perhaps it will be a wine bar with French wines. That may go down well with the Thai wannabees that frequent Soi Kola.

Inside info that Norbie is sponsoring?

I saw it last night. It looked like a beach bar theme. Palm trees painted on the wall, dart board, drift wood sign, etc. Very nice! It is only one shop wide so it's not very big. He is one shop from Norbies away from the main road.

I saw it last night. It looked like a beach bar theme. Palm trees painted on the wall, dart board, drift wood sign, etc. Very nice! It is only one shop wide so it's not very big. He is one shop from Norbies away from the main road.

You are quite right Joe and the owner has just signed up for SF. His username is fansuhua55 and hopefully he will shortly tell us about all the exciting plans that he and his wife have for this new venue.

French bar opening near Nobies on the Sio Cola strip ,I met a French guy yesterday who is opening this .
He says hes aiming at Farang custumers as well as Thai ,will be open in a week, cocktails and food French I guess ,time will tell.
Hi there, my name is Francois, here are some details about our bar.
As I spent some good time in Koh Tao, one thing about the island is the cool beach bars. So Pat and I had the idea to try recreate a bit of it in Surin and open a beach bar 400 kms from the sea. Design wise we tried to give the impression that the bar has been made with drift wood and bits and pieces scavenged from the sea.
We will serve cocktails, beers and a selection of wines. Music is mostly cool indie rock, mainly farang with some good Thai. Same for the food, we will have a selection of tartines (the French for a piece of bread) with salmon tartare, French pork terrine, liver pate, guacamole and prawns, serrano spanish ham, chorizo, duck rillettes, delicious paelle, as well as 3 Thai dishes and 3 delicious deserts apple mango crumble, creme caramel and expresso poannacotta.
We expect to open in about a week and will keep you guys posted. Free food for the opening. Happy hour from 6 to 8 (2 beers get one free), and we tried to keep the prices under control.
In the future we will organize full moon parties and get fire dancers from Tao to perform. And best, we are making our own 16 square meters private beach in front of the bar, with bamboo torchs and Thai mats.
We should be able to open within a week or so and we will let you know. We will have free food buffet the day we open, I hope to see many farang go to the beach that day, shades are compulsory
Cheers

As I spent some good time in Koh Tao, one thing about the island is the cool beach bars. So Pat and I had the idea to try recreate a bit of it in Surin and open a beach bar 400 kms from the sea. Design wise we tried to give the impression that the bar has been made with drift wood and bits and pieces scavenged from the sea.
We will serve cocktails, beers and a selection of wines. Music is mostly cool indie rock, mainly farang with some good Thai. Same for the food, we will have a selection of tartines (the French for a piece of bread) with salmon tartare, French pork terrine, liver pate, guacamole and prawns, serrano spanish ham, chorizo, duck rillettes, delicious paelle, as well as 3 Thai dishes and 3 delicious deserts apple mango crumble, creme caramel and expresso poannacotta.
We expect to open in about a week and will keep you guys posted. Free food for the opening. Happy hour from 6 to 8 (2 beers get one free), and we tried to keep the prices under control.
In the future we will organize full moon parties and get fire dancers from Tao to perform. And best, we are making our own 16 square meters private beach in front of the bar, with bamboo torchs and Thai mats.
We should be able to open within a week or so and we will let you know. We will have free food buffet the day we open, I hope to see many farang go to the beach that day, shades are compulsory
Cheers

Good luck to you & your wife it sounds just what Surin needs something different, if I may give a little advice I would stock Archa beer as many of the farang locals drink that in these parts.

All the best on your new venture

Na & Rick Little India

Last edited:
Good luck with your venture.
We will be giving it a try, I particularly like the sound of the food

Bonjour Francois,
je vous souhaite bonne chance avec votre entreprise. J'habite malheureusement à 100 km de Surin et je ne pourrais pas vous visiter souvent.
Surtout ne pas trop se fonder sur les "avis" des étrangers locaux ... p.e. le conseil de vendre de la bière Archa : ça va vous attirer une clientèle peu désirable ...

Best of luck to you and welcome to SF.

My bit of advice is to cater for as many Thai customers as farangs as your location has a very large percentage of Thai (prospective) patrons.

I will amend the title of this thread slightly.

WHATS THE NAME OF THE BAR?????????

Good luck with the bar. Hope to have an overnighter in Surin (not at Elephant festival time though), and will sample your hospitality.

Good luck with your venture, Francois. I shall certainly come and try your food once you are open.

Cheers

Good luck to you and your wife, Francois. Welcome to Surin Farang.com and to Surin. See you possibly at your opening day. (I'm off to Jomtien on the 14th for 3 or 4 days so don't know if I'll make it if you open while I am away.) Your new place sounds fun. Always good to see some new cuisine being offered.

Cheers,

Mike

Back