'Beach bar' opening by Frenchman

Bonjour !

A German restaurant next to French restaurant sounds very international. Chokdee5

Strange as I found myself dreaming veal a la Normandie and tarte Tatin near Quai d'Orsay after reading the OP from AtB.

"Life is a beach" sounds like an appropriate theme.

Wishing you good fortune with your venture on Surin's Soi Cola ThumbUp6

We have a "My Beach" restaurant here in Prakhonchai, run by an Aussie and his Thai wife. Nothing beachy other than the name. Pizzas are their speciality. Sexy waitresses in bikinis might add to the name! boobs2

Bonjour Francois,
je vous souhaite bonne chance avec votre entreprise. J'habite malheureusement à 100 km de Surin et je ne pourrais pas vous visiter souvent.
Surtout ne pas trop se fonder sur les "avis" des étrangers locaux ... p.e. le conseil de vendre de la bière Archa : ça va vous attirer une clientèle peu désirable ...

So you think Archa drinkers are undesirable my friend Croc? You might get linched next time your in Surin with those views. Busted1

Best of luck to you and welcome to SF.

My bit of advice is to cater for as many Thai customers as farangs as your location has a very large percentage of Thai (prospective) patrons.

I will amend the title of this thread slightly.

WHATS THE NAME OF THE BAR?????????

The Bar name is simply The Beach and we hope to get many young working Thai who might be looking for something new

Looking forward to the opening day, do you have any date in mind as there are many members of this forum that dont live in Surin so they would need as much time as possible to arrange travel & accommodation & the old free pass off the misses, these members are generally the first to sign up to any surinfarang event & are very loyal & help spread the word, I can say from experience they have for me.

I love Archa drinkers, but I will not serve it in the bar. You'll have to bring it in. :)

Yes lots of cheap Charlies in Surin , I wish you all the best in your business mate ,good to see you on the forum ,big welcome .
We will add your banner soon .
Will you be sterving frogs legs ?
I eat some for the first time a week ago ,fried with garlic and pepper ,was ok .

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes lots of cheap Charlies in Surin , I wish you all the best in your business mate ,good to see you on the forum ,big welcome .
Will you be sterving frogs legs ?
I eat some for the first time a week ago ,fried with garlic and pepper ,was ok .

When travelling somewhere, and we stop for a quick bite at a roadside cafe, my wife invariably opts for kwitiou (as the Thais are prone to do) We always ask her how it was. The answer is usually "OK", which translated means bloody awful!:smile:

I wish you all the best in your business mate ,good to see you on the forum ,big welcome .

Francois, you will see that I have opened a separate forum for 'all things related' to The Beach. Please use this for any news or developments.
Cool3

I guess he does not want riff raff X pats hanging around in there.
I would imagine it's a little more higher class than most in Surin :)
I hope they have Leo lol or Boddingtons , real Manchester ale

Looking forward to the opening day, do you have any date in mind as there are many members of this forum that dont live in Surin so they would need as much time as possible to arrange travel & accommodation & the old free pass off the misses, these members are generally the first to sign up to any surinfarang event & are very loyal & help spread the word, I can say from experience they have for me.
Not sure about pass off the Mrs , some will have to dig out there OAP buss pass mate :eek:

Opening of the Beach

we have booze, will get the wine tomorrow, Chang, Leo, Singha and Heineken the day after, start cooking stuff for the opening on Saturday 6pm. They say Charlize Theron may join wearing bikini as she just happen to know that we finished putting together our private 12 square meters beach.
Hope to see many old Surin Charlies.
From an old Koh Tao Charlie.
Check out our pics on our Facebook page The beach in surin
Cheers

we have booze, will get the wine tomorrow, Chang, Leo, Singha and Heineken the day after, start cooking stuff for the opening on Saturday 6pm. They say Charlize Theron may join wearing bikini as she just happen to know that we finished putting together our private 12 square meters beach.
Cheers

Just had a look at your facebook page, the food looks great, I will be definitely coming to try the food once you are open. May be worth placing a few photos on here of the food as some people may not have Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/Thebeachinsurin?fref=ts

Wish you all the best for the future

I do not think we can make your opening but good luck and have a fantastic evening.

We will be coming to try your food soon

Suggest you put a link to your Facebook page on here as your "signature". That way it will be included in each post.

Cheers
Just checked your Facebook page and the food does indeed look great. Hope to be there for your opening on Saturday. Very best of luck to you in any case.

Last edited by a moderator:
the beach opening

Cheers

Back