Black and Decker Workmate

Yorky

Fullritis Member
I had one of these many years ago in England (possibly it's still there).

Anyway, I bought a new one on Wednesday and it arrived this morning (Lazada).

I haven't a clue what I am going to use it for if I ever get to put it together (the instructions are in Japanese).

A little better than 2 sawhorses and a piece of plywood (my usual method) and can be pretty handy once you get the hang of it. Be patient, but learn to use it and you will like it.

Having had one back in the UK for many years but, deciding that my D-I-Y days were over, I left it behind. Bad mistake!

The builders left a pair of home-made trestle legs here which I used until they fell apart, and so it was Lazada to the rescue with the B&D 401 model about 6 months ago. The Workmate remained in its box for a few weeks until several of the internal doors started to stick, so I unpacked it and found Yorkie's indecipherable instructions. My missus can't read Japanese (or whatever it was) so I Googled it.

The trouble was that Error 401 kept coming up - "You are unauthorized to open this page, it means that the credentials you entered were invalid for some reason."

I never was any good at D-I-Y. ::wink::

P.S. I know it wasn't a B&D 401... but I had to make the joke fit somehow!

I haven't a clue what I am going to use it for if I ever get to put it together (the instructions are in Japanese).

By the way. I ordered it on Wednesday morning. It arrived Friday morning.

Getting forgetful? :D:D:D

Good grief Yorky, You only need to learn to read Japanese.

Good grief Yorky, You only need to learn to read Japanese.

An Aussie friend is fluent in reading, writhing and speaking Japanese.:D He is a certified translator of english/Japanese. He is a digital nomad and makes excellent money. :DHe has red hair:eek: and received most of his education in Japan. His side language is Cantonese.:cool: BTW he is only 43.:p:(:D:D

An Aussie friend is fluent in reading, writhing and speaking Japanese.:D

XrBJ.gif

Although she's not Japanese.

Back