Bonfire Night

Discussion in 'Ryans Resort' started by Ryans Resort, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Ryans Resort

Ryans Resort Forum Sponsor

This year Ryan's Resort will once again be holding our very own Bonfire night BBQ and Firework Display as always all welcome to come and enjoy the fun. It has now become a hugely successful event and here's hoping this year will be even bigger and better. Party starts from 5pm onwards and the firework display normally starts around 7.30pm. Anyone wishing to either bring their own fireworks or contribute towards fireworks please PM me, also people needing a room please book early.
    Thanks Gary

2. gotlost

gotlost Surin Legend

Hey Gary You have a date set for this event:confused:

alanthebuilder likes this.
  3. CO-CO

CO-CO Surin Legend

You are a fcuking star GL, you really are :wink::wink:

4. gotlost

gotlost Surin Legend

Agreed1

CO-CO likes this.
  5. Moderators

Moderators SITE ADMINISTRATOR Staff Member

remember, remember the 5th of November

6. CO-CO

CO-CO Surin Legend

Don't tell me -- tell GL :eek:

7. nookiebear

nookiebear Surin Legend

I've just fell off the chair!!

Ryans Resort and Moderators like this.
  8. What date we got set for Christmas this year?

9. Prakhonchai Nick

Prakhonchai Nick Surin Legend

Many of our continental brothers celebrate Christmas on 24th December! In a way makes sense -seeing Christmas "in" just as one sees New year "in" on 31st December!

10. I could go along with that.

11. CO-CO

CO-CO Surin Legend

"continental brothers"" - bollocks! We have fought most of the buggers at some point over the last 500 years :rolleyes:.

Some of us have often engaged in the traditional way of seeing Christmas Day in - by going to Midnight Mass,

An uplifting and heart-warming event.

12. Prakhonchai Nick

Didn't realise you were that old Co-Co! :rolleyes:

Midnight mass may well be uplifting and heart warming for those religious folk, but I suspect that most of your heart warming on Christmas Eve was caused by alcohol! :redface:

Coffee likes this.
  13. CO-CO

CO-CO Surin Legend

You don't have to be religious to enjoy the occasion - and a little mulled wine goes a long way in keeping the cold out :rolleyes:

14. Prakhonchai Nick

My "occasions" were usually down the pub!

Mulled wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pull the other one! More like a flask or 2 of malt whisky! :rolleyes:

15. SurinJoe

SurinJoe Surin Legend

I have to agree. Most Americans wouldn't know the date of a Holiday of a “a small island that no one listens to”.

CO-CO, stevo and johnb like this.
  16. No-one listens to your "Big" country either lol.

17. johnb

johnb Surin Legend

Yet more evidence, Joe, if any were needed, that the special relationship may no longer be quite so special. Anyhow, at least we will take you on at soccer any day. Montenegro, Poland, USA...bring em on!!

18. AussieBill

AussieBill Surin Legend

We Aussies celebrate Christmas in the summer so don't have to be warmed up. Used to feel a little cooler when looking at the snow on the Christmas cards along the mantelpiece. Was it actually snowing the day Jesus was (supposedly) born? No doubt, our meteorological members can check that for us in between cyclones!

Now, if I can pal up with a continental mate, I gather I can have two days of Christmas food!

Coffee likes this.
  19. SurinJoe

SurinJoe Surin Legend

Who cares? We are not perfect by any means. You are either for us or against us. We are far from perfect but the most common name for male baby's in the USA isn't Muhammad. LOL.

20. SurinJoe

SurinJoe Surin Legend

Soccer (football) in the USA is mostly a female college sport. I will admit that the females in America are no match.

johnb likes this.
New | Recent