Breakfast time

Cent

FORUM SPONSOR
It's 7 a.m. and Starbeam's is open for your breakfast. Come around and fill up.

DSCF4190jpg-1_zps39bbec14.jpg

DSC_0211_zps030bab60.jpg

DSCN0790_zps0b6217b4.jpg

SBbeanseggsontoast-2_zps0e4de202.jpg

SBomelethomefriestoast_zps7d4ef3a0.jpg

2013-06-01121626jpg-1_zps534240f1.jpg

recommended_en-11424-2_zps6724a40e.gif

Well, they look quite edible, Cent. The third one is a bit of a worry, but is probably the fault of the photographer rather than my first impression!

For those of us who are impoverished retirees, prices attached to the photos of your various dishes would be useful.

For a small restaurant, you must have one of the largest menus in South-East Asia.

Is there a time of day when breakfasts cease to be menu items?

Well done, It was great to see you return to the food business - an asset to both farang food and farang social life in Surin.

Well, they look quite edible, Cent. The third one is a bit of a worry, but is probably the fault of the photographer rather than my first impression!

For those of us who are impoverished retirees, prices attached to the photos of your various dishes would be useful.

For a small restaurant, you must have one of the largest menus in South-East Asia.

Is there a time of day when breakfasts cease to be menu items?

Well done, It was great to see you return to the food business - an asset to both farang food and farang social life in Surin.

AB,

Breakfast is served all day. The third pic is of what we Yanks call a 'Western' scrambled. Onions, red and green peppers, a bit of cheese and diced ham, all scrambled together. With bacon here in the pic, and it comes with 2 pieces of toast with butter and jam, and a coffee or tea. We have a large and varied menu of western and Thai foods (47 different Thai dishes at last count by me). There are many dishes even an 'impoverished retiree' can find to afford on the menu, depending on exactly how impoverished he is. 85% or more of our customers are working class and professional Thais, who eat a lot of the western food on offer as well.

I'm not as involved in it as I was before. It's my wife's and sister-in-law's business now, the income of which goes towards helping to pay for our daughter's uni education. I help out advertising mostly and keeping the business online, informative and in the spotlight so people know we are open and where we can be found, and what we have on offer.

In a couple more months, the end of August, I will be totally retired at age 62. Once back from my next visit to the states (October - January) I'll be spending a lot of time away from Surin doing my 'retirement' hobbies and relaxing on a beach somewhere/everywhere, and traveling as much as I can afford. And happy to be doing so. :)

The restaurant will still be open and run by my wife and sister-in-law, as they do now.

Mike

Last edited:
The rainy days are here. Get out early and get your breakfast. :)

It's 7 a.m. and Starbeam's is open for your breakfast. Come around and fill up.

DSCF4190jpg-1_zps39bbec14.jpg

DSC_0211_zps030bab60.jpg

DSCN0790_zps0b6217b4.jpg

SBbeanseggsontoast-2_zps0e4de202.jpg

SBomelethomefriestoast_zps7d4ef3a0.jpg

2013-06-01121626jpg-1_zps534240f1.jpg

recommended_en-11424-2_zps6724a40e.gif

Rainy season is upon us. Get out early before the rains start and grab some of or wonderful breakfast offerings. It's all good.

Back