Burial/Cremation Certificate

Yorky

Fullritis Member
I have been asked about a certificate issued by a Thai Wat to confirm the cremation of a Farang. We already have the death certificate.

Is anyone aware that such a document exists? Apparently it's an Aussie requirement.

My understanding of the regs is that they can differ from state to state, but basically the same result. Simply put, the docs required are that whoever strikes the match or throws the dirt on the deceased has made sure it's who it's supposed to be. Usually only required for natural causes of death. I'd imagine the wat has the prescribed form of some kind available.

This is for South Australia. I've asked for an example of a certificate issued in Thailand.

[The cremation was 5 years ago, BTW. The guy who struck the match could have suffered the same fate already!]

Ok. I'm in Adelaide 0n Tuesday so I'll try and speak with the Coroners Office.

Just need the form normally used by authorised or person in charge of the cremation. Then must be translated to English by an accredited person/company.
From what I was told it's just the normal document used for registering a local's cremation or burial.

Just need the form normally used by authorised or person in charge of the cremation. Then must be translated to English by an accredited person/company.
From what I was told it's just the normal document used for registering a local's cremation or burial.

Thanks for your assistance Surin but what is "the normal document used for registering a local's cremation or burial". No one here appears to know of such a document.

Can't help there Yorky. I was told there would be a document used to show whoever was cremated by authorised party was in fact who it was supposed to be.

Back