Bus catches fire, nobody hurt

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Bus catches fire, nobody hurt

SURIN -- A fire broke out at the engine compartment of an airconditioned tour bus in Prasat district early Sunday, but the fire was brought under control and no passengers were hurt, police said.

Pol Capt Samart Chuenchomying, an investigator of Chok Nasam police station, said the incident occurred at abut 5.30am while the Rayong - Mukdahan bus was between kilometre makers 173-174 on Highway 24 near Ban Nong Krabue in tambon Tani.

Nathapol Poolun, the driver, said that while the bus heading for Mukdahan was nearing Ban Nong Krabue he found that the fire had broken out from the engine department at the rear of the bus.

He stopped the bus and used a chemical distinguisher to put out the fire but was not successful. Police and rescue units soon arrived for help after receiving telephone calls from operators of other vehicles passing.

The fire was put out in 40 minutes after the rescuers sprayed water at the burning engine, which was completely destroyed.

The 14 passengers in the bus were not hu

He stopped the bus and used a chemical distinguisher to put out the fire but was not successful.

No wonder, these are quite expensive machines used in labs. I don't think you can put fires out with them. :rolleyes:

Yes, that would be a yellow bus. A blemish on their record. I have always been impressed by their sensible driving - akin to NCA.

Have to agree AB, Those respective companies probaly have a variation on the normal driver interview question. Instead when they ask. Are you a lunatic ? They take No as the optimum answer.

No wonder, these are quite expensive machines used in labs. I don't think you can put fires out with them. :rolleyes:
The " Distinguisher " was probably a toy one that would epmty it's load completely in under 10 seconds, MMM, sounds like Coffee.:joycat:
It was likely to be a dry chemical type and probably well out of date and low on charge.
Foam or Co2 is the go.

The " Distinguisher " was probably a toy one that would epmty it's load completely in under 10 seconds, MMM, sounds like Coffee.:joycat:
It was likely to be a dry chemical type and probably well out of date and low on charge.
Foam or Co2 is the go.
It's a long time since my distinguisher has emptied its load in under 10 seconds!

Back