GOLD (1 BAHT WEIGHT, 96.5%)
ORNAMENT (1 BAHT WEIGHT, 96.5%)
Source: GoldTraders (12 Mar 2024)
Fuel price bangchak

Date: 12 Mar 2024
Type
Today
Tomorrow

5% is a reasonable return however, I am more than satisfied with my return of between 7.4-9.51% from my portfolio--my opinion only.
A positive return no matter how you get it it's great !
Retaining physically a solid physical unit of value that can be turned into other monetary values and cash especially in Thailand at the gold shops that will pay you over spot on 99.9% pure gold coins if they are easily authenticated like a Canadian Maple leaf coin.
It's just personal choice.
To gain Familiarity of Gold value all you have to do is ask a Thai woman, :screamcat:

5% is a reasonable return however, I am more than satisfied with my return of between 7.4-9.51% from my portfolio--my opinion only.
Gold, or gold futures? If actual gold, where do you store it safely? Does the government know how much gold you have? Are you taxed once you go to sell it? At what rate the tax? Etc. 20 years is a long time to get the best rate. Most Thais (especially the women) want ornamental gold. They will sell (or hock and pay the monthly vig) when times are tough. I doubt many will keep it for 20 years, except maybe the filthy rich bitches. :)Mostly for face and as a buffer for hard times. An investment for troubled financial times more than anything.

Last edited:
Gold, or gold futures? If actual gold, where do you store it safely? Does the government know how much gold you have? Are you taxed once you go to sell it? At what rate the tax? Etc. 20 years is a long time to get the best rate. Most Thais (especially the women) want ornamental gold. They will sell when times are tough. I doubt many will keep it for 20 years, except maybe the filthy rich bitches. :)Mostly for face and as a buffer for hard times. An investment for troubled financial times more than anything.
Everybody has their different perspective, all those questions you have asked have been answered to me in the past dealing with gold in the jewelry business.
Nothing wrong with buying gold ornaments for yourself, the ladies (wife, daughters and etc.) or for investments in Thailand.
We all know there's no guarantees in life, gold is a commodity that gets other commodities.
High school, college graduation rings are using made of a percentage of gold.

Last edited:
Everybody has their different perspective, all those questions you have asked have been answered to me in the past dealing with gold in the jewelry business.
Nothing wrong with buying gold ornaments for yourself, the ladies (wife, daughters and etc.) or for investments in Thailand.
We all know there's no guarantees in life, gold is a commodity that gets other commodities.
High school, college graduation rings are using made of a percentage of gold.
Gold and Platinum are Not MagneticThe security system at airports is among other things looking for magnetic metals. You are more likely to set off the alarm wearing cheap costume jewelry, frequently made with magnetic metals, than fine gold and platinum jewelry.

Gold and Platinum are Not MagneticThe security system at airports is among other things looking for magnetic metals. You are more likely to set off the alarm wearing cheap costume jewelry, frequently made with magnetic metals, than fine gold and platinum jewelry.
They can't detect 316 or 412 grade stainless either.

Back