Buying turf sods

Callaway

HI fellas, can anyone tell me where I can buy Paspalum or broadleaf Malay grass sods anywhere near Surin or surrounding areas. Am prepared to even truck it into Surin but would like to go see it before ordering. I need about 200 to 250 sqm. Any idea of cost? I do not want the fine leaf variety that they have at garden centres as it is too spongy and looks shite when mowed and not a good green colour. Thanks for any help.

If you have already been around the Surin garden centres and not found what you are looking for I can't help. Guess you will have to buy on special order or get it shipped in from Bangkok or elsewhere.

Nomad, I have a place in BKK can supply Paspalum called Turf2green and is 110baht per sqm. Also there is a 10,000 baht delivery charge for a 6 wheel truck. I was hoping to find the grass closer to reduce costs. I will have to see if there is a cartage company that would like a return load back to Surin after doing delivery to BKK. I think 10,000 is a bit steep. Mind you the grass is plenty expensive too but of real good quality. So 250 sqm is nearly 40,000 plus laying so is expensive. Was trying to find a cheaper option but maybe there isn't one.

Nomad, I have a place in BKK can supply Paspalum called Turf2green and is 110baht per sqm. Also there is a 10,000 baht delivery charge for a 6 wheel truck. I was hoping to find the grass closer to reduce costs. I will have to see if there is a cartage company that would like a return load back to Surin after doing delivery to BKK. I think 10,000 is a bit steep. Mind you the grass is plenty expensive too but of real good quality. So 250 sqm is nearly 40,000 plus laying so is expensive. Was trying to find a cheaper option but maybe there isn't one.

10K from BKK. Thats cheep. Cost me 25K for a ten wheeler from CNX 6 years back.

10,000 / 250 = 40 baht/sqm for delivery + 110/sqm for grass = 150 baht/sqm for the grass. If you contract someone to lay it for you add another 30 baht/sqm. Total cost for 250 sqm at 180 baht/sqm = 45,000 baht. That is very expensive grass. And who is going to look after it when you are not here? Plus the fact it will need a lot of watering (daily) during the long dry season. This year is hotly tipped to be an El Nino year too. For Thailand an El Nino year means no rain and drought.

Some 6 years ago I bought some sods from the local center for my 60 sqm patch at 35 baht/sqm. Six months ago I bought a further couple of sqms to repair an area destroyed by the dogs - I think I paid 40 baht/sqm. Providing your ground is well prepared beforehand, and that blackened rice husks stuff AtB got from the Rice Power Station looks like a good product too, laying the sods is a pretty easy task to do yourself. I manufactured a tamping pad/board and special shoes to walk on the newly laid grass once it was down. The shoes were an old pair of the plastic variety with two wooden boards (like snow shoes) screwed on beneath. Both products worked a dream. Total cost for the lawn - just over 2,000 baht. Mind you, I am a pensioner and I do count my pennies.

I bought 2 lots of 800 sqm from Nakhon Nayok.

I think I paid between 15 Baht and 25 Baht psm depending on the time of year.

3,500/4,000 Baht for delivery.

Cost me another 220 Baht x 5 for 2 days for local labour to lay it.

The Malay grass is not a fan of direct sunlight. "Nua Noi" is more hardy.

10,000 / 250 = 40 baht/sqm for delivery + 110/sqm for grass = 150 baht/sqm for the grass. If you contract someone to lay it for you add another 30 baht/sqm. Total cost for 250 sqm at 180 baht/sqm = 45,000 baht. That is very expensive grass. And who is going to look after it when you are not here? Plus the fact it will need a lot of watering (daily) during the long dry season. This year is hotly tipped to be an El Nino year too. For Thailand an El Nino year means no rain and drought.

Some 6 years ago I bought some sods from the local center for my 60 sqm patch at 35 baht/sqm. Six months ago I bought a further couple of sqms to repair an area destroyed by the dogs - I think I paid 40 baht/sqm. Providing your ground is well prepared beforehand, and that blackened rice husks stuff AtB got from the Rice Power Station looks like a good product too, laying the sods is a pretty easy task to do yourself. I manufactured a tamping pad/board and special shoes to walk on the newly laid grass once it was down. The shoes were an old pair of the plastic variety with two wooden boards (like snow shoes) screwed on beneath. Both products worked a dream. Total cost for the lawn - just over 2,000 baht. Mind you, I am a pensioner and I do count my pennies.
Will have automatic reticulation and have a worker who will cut it while I am away. But you are right that at 45000 it is expensive grass. But I look at it that it's a 20 year investment so if get good grass the first time then it may be worth it. As they say " the quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten".

I bought 2 lots of 800 sqm from Nakhon Nayok.

I think I paid between 15 Baht and 25 Baht psm depending on the time of year.

3,500/4,000 Baht for delivery.

Cost me another 220 Baht x 5 for 2 days for local labour to lay it.

The Malay grass is not a fan of direct sunlight. "Nua Noi" is more hardy.
Hey Co-Co, what is this " nua noi"? I tried to search for that and no luck. Does it stay green all year round? Where is it available and where can I find it on the net to look at it? Is it a soft grass that kids can play on? Thanks

Nor Noi is the one (I heard nua noi but I am not going to beef about it......)

hardy and stays fairly green all year round; occasional watering and twice a year application of urea.

Nor Noi is the one (I heard nua noi but I am not going to beef about it......)

hardy and stays fairly green all year round; occasional watering and twice a year application of urea.

The 2 nights of the year when CO-CO is pissed at home with empty bottles of Gin all around:)

The same road has Nacornchai air bus has a few shops .
The one on the left same side as bus station is good .
If they don't have they order next day price around 30B a sqm

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Back