Cats and Dogs

The radar paint is not showing very much at the moment. However, my eyes can see some big clouds forming in the skies.

There's a lot of rumbling in the skies which appears to be coming from the south west. No sign of rain as yet.

There is a storm brewing tonight. Can hear thunder and see the odd flash of lightning too. Really need some rain so I hope its coming here. However, I think Buriram will be the main recipient tonight.

upload_2019-4-18_20-56-57.png

Forecast indicates 39/40 degC over the next week. Less than 30% rh though. Minimal chance of rain. (it rained in Kohplaat for about 10 minutes today).

We drove through Surin to Ban Chang today, then to Tha Tum, Sangka, Buachet, and the border at Sa-Ngam, and back to Surin. Not one solitary drop of the wet stuff anywhere, and every klong, every kwai wallowing hole (thank you Flanders & Swan, even if their animals were hippos) every reservoir (including Huai Samran just before the border) was empty or close to it. Even the Mun River was sweating.

We drove through Surin to Ban Chang today, then to Tha Tum, Sangka, Buachet, and the border at Sa-Ngam, and back to Surin. Not one solitary drop of the wet stuff anywhere, and every klong, every kwai wallowing hole (thank you Flanders & Swan, even if their animals were hippos) every reservoir (including Huai Samran just before the border) was empty or close to it. Even the Mun River was sweating.

It sounds like you were on one of my wife's 'short cuts' to get to the border. It once took us 4 hours to get to a fruit farm somewhere near Sa-Ngam.

We had some very welcomed rain on the eastern side of Surin yesterday evening. Not a lot but certainly enough for the garden. Looks like the weather pattern may be changing at last. Hot and steamy coming your way.

upload_2019-4-20_6-36-26.png

I got PWT (that's "piss wet through" folks) as I left Lotus Tesco this afternoon. As I drove away, it stopped raining. I stopped a mile away to pick up some pineapples and when the vendor was prepping them it stated to rain again. In buckets full, with a wild wind too. Arriving home a couple of minutes later, I sat in the car unable to open the gate for fear of drowning!

2 hours later, we went out to dinner. The grass and borders looked just as parched as they were before the rain came.

Back