Common Visa Types Explained

SSK immigration insist on a bank letter be produced on the day of your first 90 day report, showing 800,000b in your bank account (if its a retirement extention). I am told, this has been the situation for the last few years.

What if you do 90 day reporting online?

SSK immigration insist on a bank letter be produced on the day of your first 90 day report, showing 800,000b in your bank account (if its a retirement extention). I am told, this has been the situation for the last few years.

Which is another example of the differences between the interpretation of the "rules" by various Immigration Offices. In August this year there was no requirement for me to provide banking information for my first 90 day report (in person in Surin as their data base is allegedly buggered).

{Edit: and there never has been a requirement for this information from me]

Last edited:
Yes, but I am sure that he smart enough to scroll past this thread.

Given the recent threat of legal action being pursued against him for posts by other members on this forum, I would think it would be prudent to read all the posts on all the threads.

What if you do 90 day reporting online?
The slip in the peoples passports states it must be done by you in person at their office. The person that I know, who got a 'Pattaya Ret Visa' recently is getting the same agent to do his first 90 day report for 200b to get around the (local) problem.

The slip in the peoples passports states it must be done by you in person.

OK....... so it can be independent of any 90 day reporting.

Jomtien Immigration office requires sight of an updated bank book (not bank letter) 90 days after your extension application is made (ie usually 2 months after the extension date in my case).

Which is another example of the differences between the interpretation of the "rules" by various Immigration Offices. In August this year there was no requirement for me to provide banking information for my first 90 day report (in person in Surin as their data base is allegedly buggered).

{Edit: and there never has been a requirement for this information from me]

To clarify: two years ago when I applied for an extension of stay, the Immigration Officer did ask to see my original bank passbook (where the required funds were deposited) and he took some time inspecting the back pages (a few years worth). I believe that he indicated to my wife that he would check the following year to ensure I was complying with the rules. He didn't because it was a different IO.

To clarify: two years ago when I applied for an extension of stay, the Immigration Officer did ask to see my original bank passbook (where the required funds were deposited) and he took some time inspecting the back pages (a few years worth). I believe that he indicated to my wife that he would check the following year to ensure I was complying with the rules. He didn't because it was a different IO.

Your comments remind me of something that I learned this year.

In May I switched from monthly income to money in the bank method. Not only did I have satisfy the 2 months seasoning rule for 800k, I also had to show that 65k had been received in each of the 10 months preceding my application.

ie I had to show that I had adhered to the terms of approval for my previous extension.

Your comments remind me of something that I learned this year.

In May I switched from monthly income to money in the bank method. Not only did I have satisfy the 2 months seasoning rule for 800k, I also had to show that 65k had been received in each of the 10 months preceding my application.

ie I had to show that I had adhered to the terms of approval for my previous extension.

It's a bag or worms.

Back