Covid confirmed in Sisaket Province

georgefromcanada

You chose a custom title
A case of Covid has just been confirmed in Wang Hin, just south of Sisaket city. The person was likely infected in BKK and was visiting family in SSK and has made all the usual stops, Big C, King Watsudu etc before discovering they were infected. First case here since May.

A case of Covid has just been confirmed in Wang Hin, just south of Sisaket city. The person was likely infected in BKK and was visiting family in SSK and has made all the usual stops, Big C, King Watsudu etc before discovering they were infected. First case here since May.
Your local case was a vendor from from Bang Khae visiting home. 248 new cases today with 167 of those in Bangkok. Within the next 2./3 weeks millions of Thais will be returning from Bangkok to Isaan. How many of those will bring Covid with them. Perhaps it is time the governement stepped in and stopped all inter provincial travel (Not leave it till 13th April!!!)

Your local case was a vendor from from Bang Khae visiting home. 248 new cases today with 167 of those in Bangkok. Within the next 2./3 weeks millions of Thais will be returning from Bangkok to Isaan. How many of those will bring Covid with them. Perhaps it is time the governement stepped in and stopped all inter provincial travel (Not leave it till 13th April!!!)
I have already asked my wife the big question, will you be going to the village during Songhram? I was assured that she would not, and precisely for the reasons you mentioned. Much though it is part of her life and custom, she does not want to take any unnecessary risks that may expose the family to Covid-19. While the chances of contracting the virus are relatively small, she is not prepared to accept that risk.

What, pray tell, Coffee, is a Covid kiosk?

An area set up with kiosks (beer tents, music 'n stuff) albeit outside to potentially spread viruses prior to the inoculation of the inhabitants.
Public restrooms are perfect too.

Seems to be rising case numbers although our provinces aren't doing any random testing.

An area set up with kiosks (beer tents, music 'n stuff) albeit outside to potentially spread viruses prior to the inoculation of the inhabitants.
Public restrooms are perfect too.

Seems to be rising case numbers although our provinces aren't doing any random testing.
I will be giving it a very wide berth. Unfortunately, we may get some fallout from the noise later.

My village of 200 has just discovered 3 positive cases of Covid in our midst. The 3 are all from the same family that arrived from BKK a week ago and quarantining in deceased mother's walled and gated house.

Unfortunately their uncle
( a lawyer ) and also a villager was seen leaving the quarentined house with out a mask a couple of days ago by one of the public health nurses and is one of the few villagers to not wear one in public.

He and his family are now in quarantine, public health nurses have visited every home explaining quarantine means you can't drop around for a visit and the three BKK Covid refugees were picked up by a van of hazmat suit wearing officials.

How many of you have seen the loaded up pick ups, with Bangkok number plates. People are leaving Bangkok in droves. Not just for a holiday. Moving house back to the village.
I see around 10 of these pick ups every day. What is this mass reverse migration going to do to the economy. What is happening in Bangkok real estate?
Covid cases are every where. There is three confirmed cases in my village. They have been told the local Sikhorapum hospital is full and they have to ride it out at home.
They came from Chonburi. Who says its lonely living in the middle of a rice field. Its kind of reassuring at the moment.

3 people from my village (distantly related to my wife) are returning from Chonburi, where they worked, at this very moment. Hairdressers, and not allowed to work. They initially looked to rent somewhere but the local authorities are insisting they quarantine (ASQ) in one of the village Wats which is being used for this purpose.. No reason to suspect they are infected, but who knows!

Back