Covid19 in Surin [report from Government Hospital]

Think about it. The only way it will spread in Thailand is with the reintroduction of travelers to Thailand (or citizen returnees) from foreign lands.
I surmise this is why the "quarantine" was mandatory.

So are you ready for "herd immunity" this winter ?

Do you feel that opening up Thailand will revive this economy or will it wreak havoc and death among the elderly and health-compromised (...understanding one-tenth of 1% for 70 million is 70,000) ?

Strange place to post this. The thread's been dormant for almost 6 months. And does this relate to Surin Government Hospital in any way? I don't think so.

Yeah Yorky, sure.
Here we are after almost seven months since Covid arrived and we're/ you're still residing in Surin.

Do you really care personally about what happens elsewhere ?
I picked up a clue from Nomad's earlier response.

Yeah Yorky, sure.
Here we are after almost seven months since Covid arrived and we're/ you're still residing in Surin.

Do we really want to implement the total lockdown measures being talked about by the British Government here in Thailand? I don't, and I think I can safely say, neither do the majority of Thais (from what my wife tells me). Keep Covid-19 in check, keep new arrivals and tourists out. Let's keep Thailand Covid-19 free.

UK Headlines today concerning measures to contain the spread of Covid-19.

Tories and Cabinet 'hawks' hit back at SAGE demands for national 'circuit breaker' lockdown as scientists brand PM's local Tiers plan 'worst of all worlds' and warn 107,000 lives could be lost - amid claims Boris is 80% certain to order move at half-term
  • Cabinet looks split on coronavirus lockdown as SAGE demands two-week 'circuit breaker' to stem infections
  • Boris Johnson has so far insisted he is not planning new national measures after bringing in local Tiers system
  • Reports the PM is considering short sharp shock curbs if the outbreak still does not come back under control
  • Work and Pensions Secretary Therese Coffey warned there is 'no appetite' in Tory part for national restrictions
  • Scientists want the plan introduced at the end of next week before schools head off for the half-term break
  • Northern Ireland is set for a period of intensified restrictions - with closures of schools, pubs and restaurants
  • Labour's Sir Keir Starmer demanded Britain be plunged into a nationwide 'circuit-breaker' as soon as possible
  • Meanwhile Britain recorded more than 100 coronavirus deaths for the first time in four months on Tuesday
Full story ................. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...harp-circuit-breaking-half-term-lockdown.html

Yeah Yorky, sure.

There is a long running thread on Covid-19 to cover Thailand in general. No point in indicating that it's evident in Surin at this time.

After 7 months of living under the threat of Covid-19 (though I seem to remember it being around from quite a few months earlier in various countries) I'm rather glad a) to be here and b) to be in Thailand in preference to those other countries with a poorer record of dealing with the problem.

In Thailand, our borders are virtually closed, restricting access from other countries in most cases.
Elsewhere, borders have not been so carefully restricted.

That is either a massive coincidence, or the restrictions here have worked which I prefer to believe.

If every city in other countries was treated as an areas with closed borders, people would not (in the main) be allowed to cross, and - logically - there would then be fewer cases of Covid-19. I can imagine the wailing and screaming from some quarters if that had happened though, as Mildred (who died a month later because the borders were open) howled that she couldn't visit her pal in the next town to play Bingo with their mates.

Of course no one knows for sure what would have happened had such a 100% lockdown been implemented for 28 days. I would predict though that there would have been fewer funerals in the UK for example had that been the case, and that it is more likely that the epidemic there would have ended by now than by allowing free movement between infected areas.

Is this relevant to Surin and this particular thread? I believe it is, in order to compare and recognise the importance of restricting the spread of the virus at a timely juncture, and not when 42,115 deaths and more than half a million cases have occurred in the UK - and counting - without any sign of an end in sight there.

Back