Current information on O Visa extension Kap Chong immigration, Please !

lightfoot

Surin Legend
Current information on O Visa extension Kap Chong immigration Please !

How high fences are you're required to jump ?

I'm due middle of December, prefer to obtain extension as soon as possible

KC is the same distance and more convenient for me, just wondering if there's a crew change and what the new one is like ?

Documents required, Etc.

Last year everything went smooth with the following,

Letter from the BKK bank in KC

Filled out TM 7 & The acknowledgment of penalties for overstay

Copy of passport Pages, & Bank book

Retirement /marriage/business/volunteer/education?
I'm guessing along with you but perhaps:
Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay)

This type of visa may be issued to applicants aged 50 years and over who wish to stay in Thailand for a period of not exceeding 1 year without the intention of working. Holder of this type of visa is allowed to stay in Thailand for 1 year.

A new document required from me in May this year was a 3 month stamped and signed statement from my bank. It was no problem obtaining one but I had to travel to Prassat to get it (Kasikorn).

I shall now take with me next year (in addition to the above):

A completed TM7 form with photograph attached. (there was a dispute in May whether it should be two pages or one page double sided).
Copies of my current passport information page (I also carry copies of my previous passport).
Copies of my bank passbook (all pages) with the final transaction dated the same day. The balance needs to be sufficient to satisfy the monetary requirements for your extension. (Please ensure that the balance shown is exactly the same as the letter from the bank)
A letter from my bank (Kasikorn) confirming the balance of my account dated the same day.
Copies of my wife's ID and housebook (or landlord/landlady's ID and housebook).
Copies of my TM6.
Copies of the page of my passport with my most recent entry stamp (same as on the TM6).
Copies of the pages of my passport in which my previous extensions of stay were stamped.
Copies of the page of my passport where the previous visa (from a previous passport) was transferred.

I also carry copies of other documents, e.g. birth certificate, marriage certificate, driving licence, but never volunteer these.

All the rest of the ridiculous paperwork that you have to complete and sign will by supplied by the officers on the day so make sure that you take a pen (black or blue ink).

However, next year is another year so who knows what will be required then!

Note: there appears to be some confusion whether you may apply for your extension of stay up to 30 days or 45 days prior to the expiry of your current extension. Better to ring and check first.

Note 2: As you will be aware all copies of documents need to be signed by the holder of said documents (you and your wife/landlord). Immigration now stamp each document which includes a space for your signature. Better to wait until this stamp has been applied to indicate where you should sign.

Last edited:
Mario! I think your OA extension needs you to have medical insce compared to a "O" extension.
But if you re one of the younger ex=pats that doesn t matter too much because you can still get Med/Insce.
However if you re 75 + no Thai/Co will touch you!

Current information on O Visa extension Kap Chong immigration Please !

How high fences are you're required to jump ?

I'm due middle of December, prefer to obtain extension as soon as possible

KC is the same distance and more convenient for me, just wondering if there's a crew change and what the new one is like ?

Documents required, Etc.

Last year everything went smooth with the following,

Letter from the BKK bank in KC

Filled out TM 7 & The acknowledgment of penalties for overstay

Copy of passport Pages, & Bank book
I think you are confusing O Visa extensions with an Application for Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom.
1634039974129.png

And there are 2 primary types of T.M.7 extensions, one based on Retirement and the other based on Marriage. Different requirements exist for each. For extensions based on Retirement, there are 2 primary financial conditions that need to be met, either a seasoned bank account with no less than 800,000 baht on account for the previous 3 months or proof that you have transferred more than 65,000 baht per month for each of the previous 12 months. There are alternate monetary conditions that need to be met for extensions based on Marriage.

There is no confusion in my mind, you may apply for an extension to stay up to 45 days in advance of the expiry date. Recently, @Bandersnatch related that he was called to extend his application 44 days in advance. See: https://surinfarang.com/forum/threads/immigration-bus.29570/post-343871 . I suggest you read the @Bandersnatch report as it contains a lot of useful information that will help you prepare your submission.

I think you are confusing O Visa extensions with an Application for Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom.
View attachment 45066

And there are 2 primary types of T.M.7 extensions, one based on Retirement and the other based on Marriage. Different requirements exist for each. For extensions based on Retirement, there are 2 primary financial conditions that need to be met, either a seasoned bank account with no less than 800,000 baht on account for the previous 3 months or proof that you have transferred more than 65,000 baht per month for each of the previous 12 months. There are alternate monetary conditions that need to be met for extensions based on Marriage.

There is no confusion in my mind, you may apply for an extension to stay up to 45 days in advance of the expiry date. Recently, @Bandersnatch related that he was called to extend his application 44 days in advance. See: https://surinfarang.com/forum/threads/immigration-bus.29570/post-343871 . I suggest you read the @Bandersnatch report as it contains a lot of useful information that will help you prepare your submission.
Capt. BITCH @ KC says 30 days

I appreciate that but it was total nonsense. You are permitted to apply for an extension of stay at any time between 45 days (or 30 days depending upon which Immigration Officer you wish to believe) and the expiry date of your visa/previous extension. There was no need for @Bandersnatch to go running around obtaining the requried documentation at such short notice and over a month before his current extension expired.

For extensions based on Retirement, there are 2 primary financial conditions that need to be met, either a seasoned bank account with no less than 800,000 baht on account for the previous 3 months or proof that you have transferred more than 65,000 baht per month for each of the previous 12 months. There are alternate monetary conditions that need to be met for extensions based on Marriage.

There is a third. You may pay an agent (or even do it yourself) a sum of between ฿14,000.00 and ฿27,000.00 to waive all the financial requirements - all that is required is the original of your passport.

Semantics I believe. In order to apply for an extension of stay, you first of all need a visa. You cannot apply for an extension of stay with a visa exemption.

Last edited:
View attachment 45066

You still have not stated what you are basing it on. ! Please ! the suspense is killing me. @lightfoot ."The master of suspense".

If anyone is going to Kap Cheong. You have to photo copy every page in your passport. That's whats new for your list @Yorky.

Last May I did not. I guess that you mean even the blank pages (to prove that there is nothing on them?).

When I used to work for a living I was trusted to sign declarations which stated that I had seen originals of documents without having to keep copies. That was accepted in law. I guess no-one is trusted these days.

Last May I did not. I guess that you mean even the blank pages (to prove that there is nothing on them?).

When I used to work for a living I was trusted to sign declarations which stated that I had seen originals of documents without having to keep copies. That was accepted in law. I guess no-one is trusted these days.
Yes even the blank ones. There were a few pages handed back to me. They had foreign visa's other then Thailand on them. Each page was gone through.

Yep, it is, Application for Extension of the Temporary Stay in the Kingdom.
Recommendations, please. I am awaiting the return of my new passport, hopefully before the beginning of December. My application to extend my temporary stay based on retirement is due at the end of December. However, my next 90-day report is due 13th December and I would intend to apply for my permission to stay at that time. Clearly, I will need to have my previous visa details transferred from my old passport to my new passport. However, when I apply my passport will be brand new with 36 blank pages. Will the big chief I.O. require me to copy all 36 blank pages of my passport? :) :) :)

Back