Current information on O Visa extension Kap Chong immigration, Please !

Recommendations, please. I am awaiting the return of my new passport, hopefully before the beginning of December. My application to extend my temporary stay based on retirement is due at the end of December. However, my next 90-day report is due 13th December and I would intend to apply for my permission to stay at that time. Clearly, I will need to have my previous visa details transferred from my old passport to my new passport. However, when I apply my passport will be brand new with 36 blank pages. Will the big chief I.O. require me to copy all 36 blank pages of my passport? :) :) :)
You are going to the sub office. So, who knows. If going to Kap Cheong definitely, the answer would be yes. Maybe its only one person that is setting their own rules.
But that person did seek guidance from a higher power regarding the possibility of me getting a divorce on the weekend. When Amphur offices are closed.

You still have not stated what you are basing it on. ! Please ! the suspense is killing me. @lightfoot ."The master of suspense".

If anyone is going to Kap Cheong. You have to photo copy every page in your passport. That's whats new for your list @Yorky.
Clarification, My passport has one year retirement O visa, obtained around 2001, extensions of temporary stay STAMP , each year following, first year Chiang Mai every other year Kap Chong.

Last edited:
A new document required from me in May this year was a 3 month stamped and signed statement from my bank. It was no problem obtaining one but I had to travel to Prassat to get it (Kasikorn).

I shall now take with me next year (in addition to the above):

A completed TM7 form with photograph attached. (there was a dispute in May whether it should be two pages or one page double sided).
Copies of my current passport information page (I also carry copies of my previous passport).
Copies of my bank passbook (all pages) with the final transaction dated the same day. The balance needs to be sufficient to satisfy the monetary requirements for your extension. (Please ensure that the balance shown is exactly the same as the letter from the bank)
A letter from my bank (Kasikorn) confirming the balance of my account dated the same day.
Copies of my wife's ID and housebook (or landlord/landlady's ID and housebook).
Copies of my TM6.
Copies of the page of my passport with my most recent entry stamp (same as on the TM6).
Copies of the pages of my passport in which my previous extensions of stay were stamped.
Copies of the page of my passport where the previous visa (from a previous passport) was transferred.

I also carry copies of other documents, e.g. birth certificate, marriage certificate, driving licence, but never volunteer these.

All the rest of the ridiculous paperwork that you have to complete and sign will by supplied by the officers on the day so make sure that you take a pen (black or blue ink).

However, next year is another year so who knows what will be required then!

Note: there appears to be some confusion whether you may apply for your extension of stay up to 30 days or 45 days prior to the expiry of your current extension. Better to ring and check first.

Note 2: As you will be aware all copies of documents need to be signed by the holder of said documents (you and your wife/landlord). Immigration now stamp each document which includes a space for your signature. Better to wait until this stamp has been applied to indicate where you should sign.
Excellent, just the information I was looking for. Thank you !

Recommendations, please. I am awaiting the return of my new passport, hopefully before the beginning of December. My application to extend my temporary stay based on retirement is due at the end of December. However, my next 90-day report is due 13th December and I would intend to apply for my permission to stay at that time. Clearly, I will need to have my previous visa details transferred from my old passport to my new passport. However, when I apply my passport will be brand new with 36 blank pages. Will the big chief I.O. require me to copy all 36 blank pages of my passport? :) :) :)
I did the new passport transfer at the same time as the one-year extension of temporary stay 2016. Turned password in for a new one either in BKK US Embassy or the outreach they had up at Khon Kaen. My memory is not clear on that one. They EMS it back to me, if I recall properly it was fairly quick, about a month.
If you get your passport back in time shouldn't be a difficulty getting the info transferred.

Clarification, My passport has one year retirement O visa, obtained around 2001, extensions of temporary stay STAMP , each year following, first year Chiang Mai every other year Kap Chong.
You are NOT on an O visa. That went by by when you converted over to an extension to stay of a retirement or marriage.

There goes another rainforest.

lightfoot said:
OK OK, it does say, "Retirement"
SURIN Immigration
Extension of stay permitted up to -- DEC - - - -

Capt BITCH has told people NOT to use KC as that is what Surin City is for. She is full of KRAP. You can use KC OR Soi Kola.

You are NOT on an O visa. That went by by when you converted over to an extension to stay of a retirement or marriage.

The original visa doesn't say bye-bye completely. When your passport is renewed, that original visa is "transferred" into the new document.

The original visa doesn't say bye-bye completely. When your passport is renewed, that original visa is "transferred" into the new document.
That is not what I'm referring. We have a member that needs help not confusion.

That is not what I'm referring. We have a member that needs help not confusion.

I agree.

One shouldn't let facts get in the way.

To clarify, the right honourable member requested an up to date list of the document requirements to apply for an extension of stay. One of those documents is a copy of the original visa which you were issued and which you had when applying for your first extension of stay (or the copy of the page where that visa was "transferred" to a new passport, if applicable).

Last edited:
lightfoot said:
OK OK, it does say, "Retirement"
SURIN Immigration
Extension of stay permitted up to -- DEC - - - -

Capt BITCH has told people NOT to use KC as that is what Surin City is for. She is full of KRAP. You can use KC OR Soi K
I have been going to Kap Cheong since I retired to Thailand over 12 years ago. Never had a problem.
Have always found the IMO's very helpful.
Last time I met this B.
Never want to see her again
She told me not to return.
To make one thing clear though.
The boss lady in Surin told my wife that she the boss does not go to Kap Cheong much.
And she is the only one that can sign of the visa extensions.
So you will need to leave your passport at Kap Cheong until she goes there..
They will post you.
They did that to me in last August.
It could have been explained to me easily by the B.
But she was just obnoxious.
Go to the Surin office where the boss lady is most of the time

Back