Dad 'kills toddler, injures wife, and self.

They are cremating him - not taking him in as a monk.

Filicides are even allowed to be cremated in first world countries.

Cremations in the west are just that...and can be with/without any religious trappings. It is the Monks chantings. prayers etc in a Wat that I find unacceptable under the circumstances Stick him on a bonfire or throw him to the crocodiles! Doesn't warrant anything better.

Cremations in the west are just that...and can be with/without any religious trappings. It is the Monks chantings. prayers etc in a Wat that I find unacceptable under the circumstances Stick him on a bonfire or throw him to the crocodiles! Doesn't warrant anything better.

Have you ever been to a cremation in the west??

You were up particularly early this morning.

Both parents wished it like that and no flowers too.
That's what we had. Flowers are for the living, my old mum used to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a bugger, we have just spent close on £60,000 extending the wreath court at the crematorium I own. The living seem to enjoy the floral tributes by all accounts.

Unfortunately the living take command when someone dies and invariably do things their way

I have given strict orders that when I die I want no monks chanting for me. Will that happen? of course not. And will Rod Stewart replaces the deathly dirge music. Once again, of course not.. Mind you, I have threatened to jump out of my box if things dont go my way. I wonder whether that will work:smilingimp:

Unfortunately the living take command when someone dies and invariably do things their way

I have given strict orders that when I die I want no monks chanting for me. Will that happen? of course not. And will Rod Stewart replaces the deathly dirge music. Once again, of course not.. Mind you, I have threatened to jump out of my box if things dont go my way. I wonder whether that will work:smilingimp:
Do you think I'm sexy or Hot legs?

My mate threatened all manor of things, haunting s included. His widow and my still good friend still went ahead with the whole shebang. The only Farang that turned up, was me unfortunately and a week late to boot. I had my own private farewell with lots of beers at his chedi at the wat. I think this suited me better and satisfied his dying wish in the end.
RIP Louie.

That's a bugger, we have just spent close on £60,000 extending the wreath court at the crematorium I own. The living seem to enjoy the floral tributes by all accounts.
Wow hope it's not dead money .
Bit of a dieing trade isn't it [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

My mate threatened all manor of things, haunting s included. His widow and my still good friend still went ahead with the whole shebang. The only Farang that turned up, was me unfortunately and a week late to boot. I had my own private farewell with lots of beers at his chedi at the wat. I think this suited me better and satisfied his dying wish in the end.
RIP Louie.
I made a similar decision when my good friend Tony died. We all react in differing ways and I was Criticized for not attending his funeral by some people he loathed when he was alive! There are no rights or wrong ways after all.
I have been brought up to show affection/help to living people not dead. Land should be for the living not dead.
My only request for my own funeral is
1) have a bloody good drink and laugh on (at) me.
2) I do not want people to see my dead body. Remember me as I was when alive.
3) keep your flowers growing wherever they may be.

I made a similar decision when my good friend Tony died. We all react in differing ways and I was Criticized for not attending his funeral by some people he loathed when he was alive! There are no rights or wrong ways after all.
I have been brought up to show affection/help to living people not dead. Land should be for the living not dead.

Well said Ivor. I agree totally.. I have a few bottles of lao khao for family, and some real whiskey for those friends who want to see me off.

As you say, personal choice (Although that choice may not be strictly adhered to in Thailand).

My ex-wife arranged the funeral for her late father last year and used the services of a humanist celebrant. I quite like that idea.

https://humanism.org.uk/ceremonies/non-religious-funerals/faqs/

As you say, personal choice (Although that choice may not be strictly adhered to in Thailand).

My ex-wife arranged the funeral for her late father last year and used the services of a humanist celebrant. I quite like that idea.

https://humanism.org.uk/ceremonies/non-religious-funerals/faqs/

Yes...this is what we all want...but sadly our Thai partners will drag in the monks and drag us to the wat.

We've all put up with quite a bit while we're here alive and well.
Sad it won't change once we die...unless we're back in our own countries where our wishes might be closely adhered to within in the bounds of the law.

In summation, in reality once one is dead it really doesn't matter as one has no control over what takes place.
I personally am not going to worry about it.
All my beneficiaries and heirs have a copy of my will and living will.
(Hopefully they can take care of things without involving lawyers.)

Back