Day trip to SiSaket

W

Wombat

Took the family to SiSaket for a day trip. First stop, the Aquarium. 30 baht entrance fee for adults and 15 for the kids, no dual pricing here. IMHO this aquarium is better than Pattaya Underwater World and about 470 baht cheaper. There were no russians and I was the only farang. Bought a framed photo of the daughter for 100 baht, 300 for an unframed one in Pattaya. The food and drinks were all cheap, same as what you would pay at the corner store.
Next stop was the Suansomdet Nakoring Gardens (I know I got this wrong but I am going from memory) near the technical college. Beautiful gardens and they have a small zoo that cost 15 baht to enter. It had the usual array of animals including some massive hippos, ostriches, bears, snakes, birds, deer etc. They also have an unusual display of deformed cows and buffalo. I have attached some pics of the best, the cow has a spare set of legs.
It was a great day out and only cost me about 700 baht for 5, meals and toys included (I have 2 kids).

Attachments

• DSC00933.JPG
    DSC00933.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00936.JPG
    DSC00936.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • DSC00939.JPG
    DSC00939.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
Went to the zoo not long ago as well. It has really come along from the last time I was there 10 years previously. The Thais have a weird thing about freakish animals on display. I remember the Croc farm in Samutprakarn had a whole avenue of mutated crocs.

Back