Department of Disease Control: Pfizer doses for priority groups only Surin Province

Simply unbelievable. After Pizza Co I went into Tops and bumped into a fellow I immediately knew, even both wearing a mask. He asked me how I was.
In talking with this former Thai colleague (I'd estimate is 70-ish) who is still involved in government in an unofficial capacity I learned that he received his THIRD inoculation yesterday. It was considered a "booster" and it was Pfizer according to this fellow.
I was incredulous and told him I'm still scheduled for my first inoculation next month. He smiled.

So I will not name names but the reality is he is not a frontline healthcare doctor or nurse.

Simply unbelievable. After Pizza Co I went into Tops and bumped into a fellow I immediately knew, even both wearing a mask. He asked me how I was.
In talking with this former Thai colleague (I'd estimate is 70-ish) who is still involved in government in an unofficial capacity I learned that he received his THIRD inoculation yesterday. It was considered a "booster" and it was Pfizer according to this fellow.
I was incredulous and told him I'm still scheduled for my first inoculation next month. He smiled.

So I will not name names but the reality is he is not a frontline healthcare doctor or nurse.
It's all about noodles. The bigger noodles you have, the better your chances of getting the vaccine. :mad::rage:

Where is the location ????
Nonnarai Hospital. About 12 ks from Rattanaburi.
It is a small country hospital. In Surin Provence.

Why the hell should I be afraid to say?
It is no big secret.

Which, if you had watched/read/listened to Nomad97 back earlier, you would already have had your first Astra jab. As he and I did following instructions provided earlier in the process. You are over 60 and have had one of the diseases listed. Did you have your pink card and yellow book back then? Or could have gotten them? My 2nd Astra jab is in 3 weeks on the 8th next month. Hopefully it will be available. Waiting to see if Nomad gets his 2nd jab. And it seems he has been notified he is all set just this week.

I will also take a jab of the Pfizer as a booster when it is available, even if I have to get it at a private hospital for a fee. I want to be all jabbed up by the 1st of the year to be able to fly back to the states safely in the spring. I want to be there for my daughter's 'cancer free' five years anniversary party. Knock wood.

Which, if you had watched/read/listened to Nomad97 back earlier, you would already have had your first Astra jab. As he and I did following instructions provided earlier in the process. You are over 60 and have had one of the diseases listed. Did you have your pink card and yellow book back then? Or could have gotten them? My 2nd Astra jab is in 3 weeks on the 8th next month. Hopefully it will be available. Waiting to see if Nomad gets his 2nd jab. And it seems he has been notified he is all set just this week.

I will also take a jab of the Pfizer as a booster when it is available, even if I have to get it at a private hospital for a fee. I want to be all jabbed up by the 1st of the year to be able to fly back to the states safely in the spring. I want to be there for my daughter's 'cancer free' five years anniversary party. Knock wood.
PRINC hospital in SSK are advertising to book for a Pfizer booster now for jab in Q1 next year.

(1) I farked up.
(a) I thought it was for 'elders'...65 plus.
I forgot I was 65 plus.
(b) It was actually for 'elders' over 60.

(2) It took time as I didn't have a Pink Card or a Yellow Book.

(3) I felt there were many other citizens who were in a higher "at risk" category who should be inoculated along with all health personnel and I understood the limited availability of vaccines.
Frankly I was surprised that you both received AZ at that time.

(4) I wanted to clear myself with my physician prior to being vaccinated.

My point is this nice fellow who I knew stated that he received his THIRD inoculation with last being Pfizer...and he is not a frontline healthcare worker. That was my point.

PRINC hospital in SSK are advertising to book for a Pfizer booster now for jab in Q1 next year.
My wife had signed up in early June with the Thai Hospital Group for 4 doses of Moderna in Qtr 3, 2021. She was registered and had a user ID on the system for the vaccinations to be given in the PRINC Hospital in Sisaket. The first 49,999 registered user IDs were invited to buy their vaccines on 1st July, (registered with the Thai Hospital Group - not specifically PRINC Hospital), she was registered down in the 80,000s. She has never been invited to send any money, although had been told in early July to get the money ready. She was on her smartphone nearly every day, hours at a time fixing this up. Come mid-August she was informed it was a 'dead' deal. Since then she has tried to buy some doses through other means. All have promised delivery of the vaccine sometime next year, some in Qtr 1, some in Qtr 2, and some in Qtr 3 2022. However, each has demanded money upfront, like within 10 days of signing up (this month), and their promised delivery date for vaccination has been at least 6 months away and certainly 2022 at the earliest.

My own take on this has been very skeptical at best, outright pessimism at worse. Since the good Doctor Boon declared on 4th August that he was no longer pursuing the purchase of mRNA vaccines (20 million doses), I consider all of the new offers to be pipe dreams. Let's be honest, who really wants to put down money now for something that will not be delivered for at least 6 months, maybe a year later. Furthermore, I firmly believe the Thai Government's free vaccination scheme will provide my wife with her 2 doses of vaccine (Sinovac + AstraZeneca) before the end of this year 2021.

Last edited:
Back