Design Draughtsman for Construction Drawings of Residence

Peciacake

Is there a good design draughtsman in Surin forum members can recommend to take a series of Sketch Up concept drawings and turn them into rudimentary construction drawings that will enable me to check the builder is building what we want. The local Thesaban doesn't provide this service despite advice to the contrary.

Is there a good design draughtsman in Surin forum members can recommend to take a series of Sketch Up concept drawings and turn them into rudimentary construction drawings that will enable me to check the builder is building what we want. The local Thesaban doesn't provide this service despite advice to the contrary.

@alanthebuilder would probably know.

(Unless he's the builder! :mask::mask::mask::mask::mask:)

20 years ago I could probably have volunteered myself but too late now.

In years gone by, I have drawn and submitted full building plans for home extensions in the UK. However, as a long-term retiree in Thailand, I no longer have the detailed building regulations to which I once referred. I understand there is a draughtsman/design office immediately outside the main entrance to Thai Wasadu DIY store on the ring road. I believe one forum member has used these offices to produce full drawings.

Thank you Yorky and nomad97 for your prompt responses.
Wrote to Alan a couple of weeks ago - referred me to the local Obotor who were unable to assist.
Dee Homes outside Thai Wasadu were quick to offer plans for their own homes.
When we showed them our sketches the conversation started going around in circles.
Looks like it's back to the drawing board...

Wrote to Alan a couple of weeks ago - referred me to the local Obotor who were unable to assist.
When we showed them our sketches the conversation started going around in circles.
Back a few years ago Kap Choeng Amphora made it mandator that you had a drawing certified by them. A drawing by you was accepted. Try this at your amphora.

Back a few years ago Kap Choeng Amphora made it mandator that you had a drawing certified by them. A drawing by you was accepted. Try this at your amphora.
I seem to remember that plans are only required to be submitted for 2 story houses. Plans not required for single floor dwellings.

@Peciacake, I may be able to help. If you would like me to cast my eye over your sketches/drawings please send them to me as a P.M.

I seem to remember that plans are only required to be submitted for 2 story houses. Plans not required for single floor dwellings.

@Peciacake, I may be able to help. If you would like me to cast my eye over your sketches/drawings please send them to me as a P.M.

Our plans required to be submitted (only single story). That was 20 years ago though. We took them to that place which was where the new government offices are being built.

[Edit: Slight correction: I was told by the original architect that they needed to be submitted and that's what we did. The plans were stamped "approved" or summat.]

Last edited:
20201231_114735.jpg
@Peciacake , are drawings what you are seeking ? My darling's daughter was creating this in high school.
She currently is attending courses for a degree in Civil Engineering as a freshman in Bangkok.

How much would you be looking to spend on this type of drawing ?

(A PM is fine if you feel more comfortable.)

--Sorry the drawings are in the post below.--

Attachments

• 20201231_114630.jpg
    20201231_114630.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20201231_114645.jpg
    20201231_114645.jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
View attachment 37500
@Peciacake , are drawings what you are seeking ? My darling's daughter was creating this in high school.
She currently is attending courses for a degree in Civil Engineering as a freshman in Bangkok.

How much would you be looking to spend on this type of drawing ?

(A PM is fine if you feel more comfortable.)

--Sorry the drawings are in the post below.--
Interesting structure above the main roof looks like the Taj Mahal. :D

Yes, I know just kidding.

Back