Dodged quarantine leads to village's lockdown Buriram

A builder came back from Bangkok to his home village west of Surin and brought the virus with him. Wasn't tested and didn't quarantine. Many of the villagers were tested on Tuesday. The results to date have a number of positives.

A builder came back from Bangkok to his home village west of Surin and brought the virus with him. Wasn't tested and didn't quarantine. Many of the villagers were tested on Tuesday. The results to date have a number of positives.
These stupid people care nothing for anyone, only themselves and their family. It cannot be brushed under the carpet. Imprisonment with all the other Covid cases is the only solution. which should be very widely broadcast in the hope it may prevent others ending up the same way

Many of the villagers are themselves at fault. They know who comes and goes. They know everything and even know when you fart! Yet they will not grass on anyone who should not be there. In recent weeks I have taken it upon myself to mention returnees to our local health care man, and only then have things started to happen.

The group of three that returned from BKK, quarentined but had family over to eat and then tested positive are the perfect example. It is a wealthy family, a lawyer with 2 tractors, a combine and large land holdings. Thais don't like to make waves and are especially submissive to their "betters". Of course the village chief is involved in illegal logging and the tambon head is as well, they mutter amongst themselves but no one dare confront who ever is cutting down the trees in the school yard in the middle of the night.

The other hurdle is family bonds. My mother in law berates me for going to Big C. It is filled with outsiders, it is dangerous. But she will happily lay on the litter beside her brother and sister in law who both work there 60 hours a week.

The temple hall in the village has was cordoned off yesterday with red flag ropes and is being converted to a quarentine facility.
I was at Sisaket Hospital today and access is severely restricted with security at the entrance, I have a pass given to me 3 months ago that satisfies any queries. I entered the hospital through the staff entrance near the paid parking lot. The security man didn't take his eyes off his phone.

The group of three that returned from BKK, quarentined but had family over to eat and then tested positive are the perfect example. It is a wealthy family, a lawyer with 2 tractors, a combine and large land holdings. Thais don't like to make waves and are especially submissive to their "betters". Of course the village chief is involved in illegal logging and the tambon head is as well, they mutter amongst themselves but no one dare confront who ever is cutting down the trees in the school yard in the middle of the night.

The other hurdle is family bonds. My mother in law berates me for going to Big C. It is filled with outsiders, it is dangerous. But she will happily lay on the litter beside her brother and sister in law who both work there 60 hours a week.

The temple hall in the village has was cordoned off yesterday with red flag ropes and is being converted to a quarentine facility.
I was at Sisaket Hospital today and access is severely restricted with security at the entrance, I have a pass given to me 3 months ago that satisfies any queries. I entered the hospital through the staff entrance near the paid parking lot. The security man didn't take his eyes off his phone.
Exactly. If someone is perceived to have a higher status that yourself, nothing is ever said.. I do not abide by that idea.

These stupid people care nothing for anyone, only themselves and their family. It cannot be brushed under the carpet. Imprisonment with all the other Covid cases is the only solution. which should be very widely broadcast in the hope it may prevent others ending up the same way
Sad to read today that as a result of the above, someone most of us know has now contracted Covid. Not Just Steve, but his wife and others too I am sure Steve will make his own views very clear when he is better .

Back