Dog poisoning.

Yorky

Fullritis Member
It was suspected that one of our dogs was poisoned this morning. He had followed my wife out of the gate and had eaten a blue coloured piece of fish on the roadside. He was fed raw eggs in an effort to make him vomit which he did. My wife then took him to the vet where he is now. It appears that he will recover.

Later it was discovered that at least one other dog (stray) had been poisoned. Word has it that a trail of poisoned fish had been left along the road from the Wat on the 2077 to the City Land junction in Sinthon Village late last night.

poison trail.jpg

It was suspected that one of our dogs was poisoned this morning. He had followed my wife out of the gate and had eaten a blue coloured piece of fish on the roadside. He was fed raw eggs in an effort to make him vomit which he did. My wife then took him to the vet where he is now. It appears that he will recover.

Later it was discovered that at least one other dog (stray) had been poisoned. Word has it that a trail of poisoned fish had been left along the road from the Wat on the 2077 to the City Land junction in Sinthon Village late last night.

Did anyone bag and bring a sample of the blue-coloured fish to the Dept of Health or veterinarian for a later analysis to determine which toxin/ poison it might be ?

A 'trail of poisoned fish' with only two poisonings reported...perhaps they were trying for smaller animals (ie: rats) ...

Sounds pretty 'fishy' to me as someone(s) a tad disturbed mentally or emotionally in or around your neighborhood.
The police should be contacted by a Thai-speaker to be made aware.

Catch the Bastards and make him/her/them eat the fish

Note bastards is acceptable in the plural. In the singular, it is replaced by ******* !!!!!

Did anyone bag and bring a sample of the blue-coloured fish to the Dept of Health or veterinarian for a later analysis to determine which toxin/ poison it might be ?

A 'trail of poisoned fish' with only two poisonings reported...perhaps they were trying for smaller animals (ie: rats) ...

Sounds pretty 'fishy' to me as someone(s) a tad disturbed mentally or emotionally in or around your neighborhood.
The police should be contacted by a Thai-speaker to be made aware.

The police have been informed and were present this morning. Whether anyone has taken a sample I do not know. My wife took photographs of the remains of one of the strange fish.

Poisoned fish.jpg

It's doubtful that the villagers will report the death of a stray. There are some who wouldn't even report the death of their own.

The very colour of the poison suggests the rat poison Bromadiolone very popular in Thailand. Its a blood thinner. Takes about 2 mg of the stuff per kilo of the dog to kill it. By the look in the photo there was enough on that piece of fish to kill a horse. Somebody had it in for any animal in the area. Obviously not a good Buddhist. Glad your dog is recovering @Yorky .

The very colour of the poison suggests the rat poison Bromadiolone very popular in Thailand. Its a blood thinner. Takes about 2 mg of the stuff per kilo of the dog to kill it. By the look in the photo there was enough on that piece of fish to kill a horse. Somebody had it in for any animal in the area. Obviously not a good Buddhist. Glad your dog is recovering @Yorky .

Cheers. He's due out of the hospital this afternoon when the vet clears him.

Someone is tired of all the strays keeping him up at night with all the howling and fighting I suspect. Thais really need to stop letting their family dogs roam at night, walk the pets on a leash (where they are much more likely to see what the dog is straining their leash to get at), and keep them on their fenced and gated property, or in their house at night and train the beasts. And the Thai government needs to neuter all the strays they can catch to get control of all the strays around the city. It's insane, stupid, and a health menace how many strays are out, unvaccinated, and about procreating like mad. Here in Thep Thani there is now a mob of these critters running around the complex all over the roads. I'd say 20 to 30 at least in my area. And fighting, howling and barking at anything and everything at night. Blame the humans who do not seem to be able to care for their city. You don't see much of any strays back in the Boston area. We control it. The Thais do not, and they say it is because of Buddha. Bullshit.

Back