Dog proof sprinkler

nomad97

Resident Geek
News flash for the owner of 'Conan the destroyer'. Conan's brother Bruno is equally as destructive and so far this year has completely destroyed three garden sprinklers. Admittedly, they were not new and made from plastic but they had done the job in previous years. Bruno has also tried to escape by digging down to Australia but that is another story.

I have now found a sprinkler that is definitely Conan and Bruno proof. Its made of cast iron and has no moving parts. Furthermore, it gives the best spray pattern I have ever seen. At 205 baht its a snip at half the price. Available from Thai Watsadu. Unfortunately, I have yet to find a way to protect the lawn from the diggers!

20181121_080130.jpg

20181121_080151.jpg

Conan said that Bruno's just a pussy in the destruction stakes. He's now on his FOURTH entrance carpet (the latest one lasted just 2 hours while his "supervisor" was in the hong nam.)

Watering the garden is just a game for him - he's forever attacking the business end of the hose, and using sprinklers is out of the question unless he's in his dog crate.

Memo to Bruno's custody sergeant - the owner of another of the brothers Grimm called around 2 nights ago, and said that theirs is just as bad. I have had 5 other Labradors during my life, and minded another for many months, none of which were anything other than placid, gentle dogs (once the puppyhood was over.) These Labs here are a breed apart!!!

Boy I'm glade I didn't buy into that lot. My mutt gets the royal treatment and repays it likewise.:D

36955972_1745617285485809_3736487261072523264_n.jpg

Conan said that Bruno's just a pussy in the destruction stakes. He's now on his FOURTH entrance carpet (the latest one lasted just 2 hours while his "supervisor" was in the hong nam.)

Watering the garden is just a game for him - he's forever attacking the business end of the hose, and using sprinklers is out of the question unless he's in his dog crate.

Memo to Bruno's custody sergeant - the owner of another of the brothers Grimm called around 2 nights ago, and said that theirs is just as bad. I have had 5 other Labradors during my life, and minded another for many months, none of which were anything other than placid, gentle dogs (once the puppyhood was over.) These Labs here are a breed apart!!!

That's where the last sprinkler went - Bruno attacked the business end when I was not looking. I caught him sneaking back towards the sprinkler, already soaking wet, and he stopped dead in his tracks when he saw me. Guilt was written in bold letters all across his face. And the girls say I don't shampoo him very often. Rubbish, he has a shower nearly every day although he doesn't always use shampoo. He has ripped two shampoo bottles apart trying though.

Absolutely! Bruno understands every word I say. However, as soon as my back is turned he carries on regardless. He responds to the whistle like greased lightning, when he wants to. If he doesn't want then he feigns deafness. If I get up to go through to the kitchen he is around the house in a flash, from front door to back door, waiting for me. If I ignore him he lets out a little yelp/whimper, "Where's my food boss?" I am now running out of ideas on how to train my dog. The whip, the lash and the hand have all failed. He even knows how to bite through his restraining lead. Dear Agony Aunt, what am I to do?

Last edited:
A call out to Cesar Milan maybe? I have more faith in him than in that older lady in her overcoat who used to be on British TV - Barbara Woodhouse of "Sittttttt" and "walkies" fame, who said "I can train any dog in 5 minutes. It's training the owner that takes longer," and "I do not believe that a dog can be cured by a psychiatrist, but I think some owners could be helped by one!"

Having said that, and overcoat apart, there were many training similarities between those two "experts."

We could ask him for a discount for bulk!

Back