Driver killed in molasses truck overturn

But surely the truck weighs 10 tonne empty?

Yorky, the poster explained how a small tanker truck could well carry 30 metric tonnes of mole-arses.

What does it matter the weight of the vehicle ?

Sure it was supposed to carry water at 1000 grams (1 kg) per litre...but to fill the vehicle with mole-arses at a significantly greater weight (approximately 30% greater than water) seemed like a fine idea to Somchai the shipping clerk particularly after enjoying lunch with a molasses business owner.
"To be number one, Somchai !" rang in Somchai's ears gently soothed by the Hong Thong.

Once the unknowing driver lost control avoiding a oncoming motorcy while he was possibly on the phone (or playing Candy Crush) the vehicle began it's uninterrupted descent off the road surface and abrupt jolting stop upside down.

RIP Driver...and thank you sincerely for not hitting the oncoming school bus and passing transport bus.

Edit: story embellishment and detail added for colour

Last edited:
Yorky, the poster explained how a small tanker truck could well carry 30 metric tonnes of mole-arses.

What does it matter the weight of the vehicle ?

Because the axle/wheel configuration is designed for the GVW, the weight of the truck and it's load. A 40 tonne truck mounted on three axles (6 wheels) would not be permitted legally on UK roads (nor Europe I believe). But as we don't need reminding, TiT.

Well, well, well Yorky. "TiT." :rolleyes: Exactly. :D

And the vehicle operator - did he have the proper Class Heavy Vehicle Operator license ? :flushed:
And the motorcy operator - was his/her helmet strap properly inserted and adjusted (if they had a helmet at all) ?:flushed:
And the policeman with a Ruger - has he attended live fire exercises and grading at the range within the last two years ?:flushed:

Yes - "TiT". The same as it ever was when you first got your butt rinsed in a soapie for 500 bhat.

"TiT". ;)
And the reason that most continue to stay...I'll never know. :cool:

I think each state in the US has differing regulations but Michigan states no greater than 10 tonne per axle (I think - it's a bit complicated).

Well, well, well Yorky. "TiT." :rolleyes: Exactly. :D

And the vehicle operator - did he have the proper Class Heavy Vehicle Operator license ? :flushed:
And the motorcy operator - was his/her helmet strap properly inserted and adjusted (if they had a helmet at all) ?:flushed:
And the policeman with a Ruger - has he attended live fire exercises and grading at the range within the last two years ?:flushed:

You didn't ask me that previously, you asked "What does it matter the weight of the vehicle?" I explained why the weight of the vehicle mattered (as far as I know). Regarding your subsequent questions, I have no idea of the answers to those.

Back