Driving Test - this video should be shown in every Land Transport Office.

"Driving Test - this video should be shown in every Land Transport Office"

NO. Show at all BBQ'S Most of the fcuker don't have a DL.

Happens so many times on rural roads. Just yesterday a motor cycle pulled right in front of me. The rider was looking behind him. I have seen this many times. What the fork are they looking at.

Normal mentality..

28661132_1979617045412062_2547920576997463838_n.jpg

Going to SI this morning several vehicles pulled out from a side road or filling station forcing me to brake or take evasive action. Each time I got an earful from my wife for 'my' bad driving. "FFS", I replied, "You should be shouting at those 'fu#kers' who are not looking and certainly not following the basic principle of waiting until the road is clear before joining the major road". ;;cry;;;;cry;;;;cry;;

Going to SI this morning several vehicles pulled out from a side road or filling station forcing me to brake or take evasive action. Each time I got an earful from my wife for 'my' bad driving. "FFS", I replied, "You should be shouting at those 'fu#kers' who are not looking and certainly not following the basic principle of waiting until the road is clear before joining the major road". ;;cry;;;;cry;;;;cry;;

A classic example of how the Farang cannot win!

Looking at the vdo.I noticed how many motorists overtook on the hatched yellow central divider. People in the back of pick up trucks. Motorbike drivers with no helmets, and motorists hogging the outside lane. Whilst none of these illegal acts were directly responsible for the poor lads death, if motoring laws were strictly enforced with the threat of massive penalties 5,000/10,000baht fines and confiscation of vehicle for a minimum of 3 months, people would drive more carefully, and responsibly and this accident might not have occurred

Looking at the vdo.I noticed how many motorists overtook on the hatched yellow central divider. People in the back of pick up trucks. Motorbike drivers with no helmets, and motorists hogging the outside lane. Whilst none of these illegal acts were directly responsible for the poor lads death, if motoring laws were strictly enforced with the threat of massive penalties 5,000/10,000baht fines and confiscation of vehicle for a minimum of 3 months, people would drive more carefully, and responsibly and this accident might not have occurred

On my three monthly trips to KC I've notice that these maneuvers are common. There now appears to be a move to replace the hatchings with a central reserve (between Surin and Prassat, anyway) which should prevent these actions. However, from my observations it appears that the central reserve is being constructed directly onto the blacktop thereby preventing any drainage. TiT.

Show that video to my thai wife , told My thai who has a thai driving license and is a good driver, because I was her teacher, now has to go for her driving license in Australia this month, told her you will see how hard it is to get a license in Australia not like thailand.
Yet Australia still has some bad drivers.
The thai Man my wife works with in Australia, who has been in Australia from the age of 16 years old now 26 years old , was taught to drive by a school here got his license here and when he went to Thailand last year could not believe how bad the thai drivers are , go to show it gets back to the thai government not making licenses hard to get and teaching Thais to be good drivers.

News ONE Channel 31
Has a reverse camera angle.
Note the young women running to give assistance, What percentage was she out of. May Buddha bless her with good karma. If it exists or not.

On my three monthly trips to KC I've notice that these maneuvers are common. There now appears to be a move to replace the hatchings with a central reserve (between Surin and Prassat, anyway) which should prevent these actions. However, from my observations it appears that the central reserve is being constructed directly onto the blacktop thereby preventing any drainage. TiT.
Same as here in Sisaket, Y.

BTW, road ‘drainage’ hasn’t been invented yet in Thailand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

News ONE Channel 31
Has a reverse camera angle.
Note the young women running to give assistance, What percentage was she out of. May Buddha bless her with good karma. If it exists or not.

So, so sad to watch that , the thai government need to be made responsible for that carnage
On the roads
As they not care about thai people, to let the bad drivers continue .

So, so sad to watch that , the thai government need to be made responsible for that carnage
On the roads
As they not care about thai people, to let the bad drivers continue .
Right, same as our own governments. Unless it impacts on them or the rich, it’s low priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you really think they care???

Well, they have noticed. It is hurting the economy. Having so many young trained working aged people being removed from the work force has to hurt.

They have done studies and determined that speed is the number one killer and that is why speed trap campaigns are waged these days. Yes OK, I hear you say "That is the BIB just lining their pockets" Does it matter if it gets a result.

Anyway.. They did this big study paid lots of money for it. So it least they care enough to do something. Mind you I disagree with their findings.
What I believe they found was the result of lack of education and lack of care. Which leads to speeding. Drinking alcohol leads to speeding. Not knowing the risks of driving at speed, leads to speeding.
Not caring for others and peer group pressure leads to speeding. Recognising speeding as the number one cause of death is like blaming high rise condominiums for farangs falling out of them.

Getting a Thai drivers licence has indeed started to get harder to obtain. A new growth industry is road law and skill driving centres, they are springing up just about everywhere.
To get a licence you must attend a centre like that in the future.
There is one being built in my Tambon not 3 Km away.

Getting a Thai drivers licence has indeed started to get harder to obtain. A new growth industry is road law and skill driving centres, they are springing up just about everywhere.

Just because it is harder to get a licence does not mean that driving standards have improved.

They may, if the will is there, but when you can still buy a licence for less than $40 it has little real value...

Back