Driving Test - this video should be shown in every Land Transport Office.

Just because it is harder to get a licence does not mean that driving standards have improved.

They may, if the will is there, but when you can still buy a licence for less than $40 it has little real value...

But surely driving standards HAVE improved significantly CO-CO. You often tell us they have, though not everyone thinks the same.:)

But surely driving standards HAVE improved significantly CO-CO. You often tell us they have, though not everyone thinks the same.:)

They have indeed.

The point you missed was that obtaining a licence (often by payment e.g. your wife) does not make them a competent/qualified driver.

Driving experience enhances skills and this is where I, and many others, have observed in a improvement - as we spoke about, especially out of rural enclaves where most of the brain dead seem to congregate.

They have indeed.

The point you missed was that obtaining a licence (often by payment e.g. your wife) does not make them a competent/qualified driver.

Driving experience enhances skills and this is where I, and many others, have observed in a improvement - as we spoke about, especially out of rural enclaves where most of the brain dead seem to congregate.

My wife paid to bring the appointment forward by 3 weeks, not to pass the test. Nothing was missed in your post.

In 30+ years whilst the traffic has probably increased 10 fold, I still regard the overall driving standard as abysmal. Passing any amount of tests will not improve matters. Only competent policing will, with severe penalties required to knock errant drivers into shape.

Travelling to Bangkok last week by road, on the 24, 2 and the 1 I was most certainly not impressed by the driving skills of so many. Hogging the outer lane of 2,3 and even 4 lane carriageways was rife. I suppose these were rural brain dead who happen to work in the Bangkok area.

Last edited:
My wife paid to bring the appointment forward by 3 weeks, not to pass the test. Nothing was missed in your post.

In 30+ years whilst the traffic has probably increased 10 fold, I still regard the overall driving standard as abysmal. Passing any amount of tests will not improve matters. Only competent policing will, with severe penalties required to knock errant drivers into shape.

Travelling to Bangkok last week by road, on the 24, 2 and the 1 I was most certainly not impressed by the driving skills of so many. Hogging the outer lane of 2,3 and even 4 lane carriageways was rife. I suppose these were rural brain dead who happen to work in the Bangkok area.

You will see what you want to see !!

Others have commented on the general improvement.

Death of Year 10 student in Buriram: song thaew driver, other motorcyclist deny negligence

TNews reported on the story of the M3 (Year 10) high school student who was killed riding his motorcycle on the way to take exams in Buriram on Monday morning.

Plai Nuanprakhon, 63, the 6 wheel song thaew driver that crushed the boy to death has told police that he did not flee the accident.

He said he saw the accident but didn't believe it involved him. He had no idea that he had run over the boy and just drove on.

While Sutthichai Somjit, 23, who was riding the motorcycle that came out of the side soi suddenly, also denied negligence. He blamed the deceased student who got tangled in his handlebars and hit the tarmac. It was not his fault that he was crushed under the wheels of the song thaew, he has claimed.

The police have charged the motorcyclist with negligence all the same.

But they are still investigating the song thaew driver and no charges of negligence or fleeing the scene of an accident have yet been made.

CCTV will form an important part of the evidence. It clearly caught what happened and has been viewed across social media.

TNews reported that the boy's mother and father cradled his lifeless body on the tarmac following the accident.

Source: TNews

You will see what you want to see !!

Others have commented on the general improvement.

No way in the world can Thais improve on there driving.
Most have to go back to lean how to drive , the place is a joke , like I say 2 years ago ,I was teaching my thai how to drive the good way and she would complain that Thais not drive like my way .
My reply was I will teach to drive like in my country and guess what she is a very , very good driver now .
The thai government is looking at the western world to improve the driving skills of the Thais .
Hope they take them on ASAP .

No way in the world can Thais improve on there driving.
Most have to go back to lean how to drive , the place is a joke , like I say 2 years ago ,I was teaching my thai how to drive the good way and she would complain that Thais not drive like my way .
My reply was I will teach to drive like in my country and guess what she is a very , very good driver now .
The thai government is looking at the western world to improve the driving skills of the Thais .
Hope they take them on ASAP .

Bugger me George, your wife is soooooo lucky !

Yes she is thanks
To have a great life and a great future.
In a great country.

Wow!

Then it’s a good job you had to buy your Sheila from Thailand, otherwise you would have no reason to post on here... :laughing::grin::laughing:

Wow!

Then it’s a good job you had to buy your Sheila from Thailand, otherwise you would have no reason to post on here... :laughing::grin::laughing:

What’s that mean ?
I not buy no one what are you trying to say ?
Are you trying to be a smart A ?
You have no idea about me .
But I know lots about you .
We have a great life , she has money and lots of it and I not give it to her like lots of Westerns , who pay their thai partners . what can I say , that the smart thais move out of Thailand to better they life and make great money.
Like my mum and dad move to a great country to have a better life .

Last edited:
Back