Driving Test - this video should be shown in every Land Transport Office.

Just for George - driving in the Sandbox.................................

I spent 18 years in the Sandbox and can testify that this kind of driving is for real. They really do put their faith in Allah and don't give a shit. Rich rag heads looking for kicks!

Last edited:
There are definitely three better and accomplished drivers on the road since 2000.
I would like to think my wife is one of those or in addition to at least. I took my wife on a structured driving course for several months. In the beginning, these were one hour lessons, on the public roads up and around the small resevoir. This culimnated in a paid set of driving lessons with a Thai Instructor immediately before her driving test. When she took the test she got the highest written score of the day and she was given the honour of being the first out for the practical driving test. She past that with flying colours first time too. Once she had her licence we continued the structured lessons on the main and busier roads around Surin. She now has some 10 or 11 years under her belt, accident free, and I consider her a very capable and proficent driver too.

All three of my "learners" spent time in the Prince's "park" opposite the ring road turning to Huai Saneng reservoir (first with me in the cab then on their own whilst I lay on the grass). One also took lessons from the school in the vicinity of Chalong's Law Office. All three passed first time.

All three of my "learners" spent time in the Prince's "park" opposite the ring road turning to Huai Saneng reservoir (first with me in the cab then on their own whilst I lay on the grass). One also took lessons from the school in the vicinity of Chalong's Law Office. All three passed first time.
Yes, I remember the Park very well. I think they have stopped people using that now. SWMBO also used the driving school in the vicinity of Chalong's Law Office. That was to give her a Thai perspective on the driving lessons.

At the time my wife (2) took her test it was required that she take it in the province in which she was registered, in her case Phayao. She caught the bus, hired a pickup, and took and passed the test on the open roads (including a hill start!). Quite a feat I reckon.

At the time my wife (2) took her test it was required that she take it in the province in which she was registered, in her case Phayao. She caught the bus, hired a pickup, and took and passed the test on the open roads (including a hill start!). Quite a feat I reckon.
At the age of 2 ??????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back