Dump trailer?

Stargazer

Surin Legend
One of our most useful tools in the USA is a 4 tire dump trailer that will carry 4500 kg. Short of owning our own dump truck, it allows many useful functions moving dirt or equipment. I have not seen any in Surin, just home-made two tire carts usually pulled by the traditional two wheel tractors. Are such trailers available here?

Attachments

• 56089161403__BF6547CA-F5F9-4A03-86FA-E46AF2110D92.JPG
    56089161403__BF6547CA-F5F9-4A03-86FA-E46AF2110D92.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 17
I have seen them. But not often. They were being used to carry a car.
I was not impressed with the trailer coupling to the vehicles.
But they are available.
Google trailers in Thailand. Goodluck.

One of our most useful tools in the USA is a 4 tire dump trailer that will carry 4500 kg. Short of owning our own dump truck, it allows many useful functions moving dirt or equipment. I have not seen any in Surin, just home-made two tire carts usually pulled by the traditional two wheel tractors. Are such trailers available here?
1639104068262.png

Double Axle Trailers​

Respo Double Axle trailers are designed for Professionals by Professionals. A must have tool for every business owner, construction company, contractor or anyone involved with material deliveries or transportation.​

Respo provides Double Axle trailers with loading capacities up to 3,000 kilos, that will save both time and money, by allowing you to deliver more than twice the amount of materials normally loaded in to a pickup truck.

We offer 2 x Axle trailers in various sizes (from 3.00 to 3.50 meters in length).​

Not to be used for transporting people.

All Respo Trailers include a 2 year warranty.

1639104132880.png

You may need one of these too..........................

hamer-tow-hitch-500x500.png

hamer-tow-hitch-1000x1000.png

1639104553240.png

View attachment 45988

Double Axle Trailers​

Respo Double Axle trailers are designed for Professionals by Professionals. A must have tool for every business owner, construction company, contractor or anyone involved with material deliveries or transportation.​

Respo provides Double Axle trailers with loading capacities up to 3,000 kilos, that will save both time and money, by allowing you to deliver more than twice the amount of materials normally loaded in to a pickup truck.

We offer 2 x Axle trailers in various sizes (from 3.00 to 3.50 meters in length).​

View attachment 45989

Former SF member "Sangkha" tried to get a franchise from RESPO and he did not have a kind word about them.

I believe you have to pay additional road tax for them, like the 'carryboy' hoods on pick-up trucks.

When I changed the "ownership" of my Mazda (2005) I was asked whether the Carryboy was a permanent fixture or not. I told them it was and they required a receipt it which I didn't have (It had been on there for 5 years). It was suggested by the transport office that I obtain a receipt from "over the road" which we did for ฿200.00. However, even though the Carryboy was then entered on the logbook, I was charged no extra on the road tax.

Already have it. This kind of ball allows a lot of rotational movement. The straight pin worried me when there are steep angle changes. I'm unclear what is allowable tongue load with Isuzu Highlander ZP with this hitch. My Jeep in USA says 500 lb tongue load/5,000 lb. GVW, but I often carry 10,000 lbs around the farm with it.

Last edited:
View attachment 45988

Double Axle Trailers​

View attachment 45989

That's pretty much it. Many good trailer mfg. in USA, Big Tex, etc.. I prefer a shorter tongue, and like a 5'x10' trailer, if I can find one. A good sturdy hydraulic dump version costs about $5,000 USD now.
I have seen them. But not often. They were being used to carry a car.
I was not impressed with the trailer coupling to the vehicles.
But they are available.
Google trailers in Thailand. Goodluck.
Sure wish I had my Takeuchi DB235 here!

Attachments

• IMG_9362.JPG
    IMG_9362.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 11
Already have it. This kind of ball allows a lot of rotational movement. The straight pin worried me when there are steep angle changes. I'm unclear what is allowable tongue load with Isuzu Highlander ZP with this hitch. My Jeep in USA says 500 lb tongue load/5,000 lb. GVW, but I often carry 10,000 lbs around the farm with it.
I used to tow a double horse float with two horses in it with the same setup you have there.
Although not familiar to you. My towing car was Chrysler Valiant Regal 6 cyl. auto.

I used to tow a double horse float with two horses in it with the same setup you have there.
Although not familiar to you. My towing car was Chrysler Valiant Regal 6 cyl. auto.
Like your Jeep! In California, I have hunted wild boar and deer in such, on a friend's ranch: great for game spotting. Tough old Wrangler two doors. In Washington, too much rain, I prefer closed top. I don't hunt there, too many city slickers out there with no experience and semiautomatic rifles shooting at anything that moves. I learned to hunt the old-fashioned way.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 06.19.15.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 06.19.15.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Like your Jeep! In California, I have hunted wild boar and deer in such, on a friend's ranch: great for game spotting. Tough old Wrangler two doors. In Washington, too much rain, I prefer closed top. I don't hunt there, too many city slickers out there with no experience and semiautomatic rifles shooting at anything that moves. I learned to hunt the old-fashioned way.
My Jeep was a 1942 model. It could almost go anywhere. Should never have sold it.
I hunted most of my life. 6 years as a professional for the govt. That was before I bought the Jeep.

View attachment 45988

Double Axle Trailers​

View attachment 45989

I just found a trailer mfg. near Bangkok that makes low trailers like this. A fixed (not dump) version is selling for 45,000. I like a low trailer (between tires rather than atop them) so it's easier to load materials. This seems to be a strong local company, two years old, lots of trailer types. One villager here has one that I like, that's what put me on their trail. Maybe this will keep my relatives from loading my D-Max with over a ton of rice bags at once or stacking the hay up about 6 meters high.

Trailer mfg
Screen Shot 2021-12-19 at 18.44.14.png

Last edited:

Nomad97, how did you come up with a wiring harness for your D-Max? I've found a quality socket/seven lead plug from the trailer hitch company, but would prefer to not butcher my Isuzu wiring. There are quick connecters back there, and with the right 'tee' connector, could just plug and play. However, I cannot find such hardware. Any ideas?IMG_1945.jpegIMG_1946.jpeg

Nomad97, how did you come up with a wiring harness for your D-Max? I've found a quality socket/seven lead plug from the trailer hitch company, but would prefer to not butcher my Isuzu wiring. There are quick connecters back there, and with the right 'tee' connector, could just plug and play. However, I cannot find such hardware. Any ideas?View attachment 46641View attachment 46642
Sorry if I have misled you. I do not have an Izusu D-Max and I do not have a towing bar. I run an older 2009 Ford Ranger without a towing bracket. As to the wiring harness, I just googled what you would probably need. Sorry to say, beyond my paygrade.

Is this video any help?

Sorry if I have misled you. I do not have an Izusu D-Max and I do not have a towing bar. I run an older 2009 Ford Ranger without a towing bracket. As to the wiring harness, I just googled what you would probably need. Sorry to say, beyond my paygrade.

Is this video any help?

Video NFG

Back