Dust extraction system.

mahdam

Surin Founding Father
After a successful rice harvest this year the Sis and Bro in law have invested in a small rice de husking machine. She reports that it is working fine, but produces a lot of dust when in operation. She is using it under our carport, and the cars are getting covered in dust.
I have an idea to make a sort of booth to put it in, and incorporate some sort of dust extraction system in it. Any pointers on what I should be thinking of in such a set up would be much appreciated.

After a successful rice harvest this year the Sis and Bro in law have invested in a small rice de husking machine. She reports that it is working fine, but produces a lot of dust when in operation. She is using it under our carport, and the cars are getting covered in dust.
I have an idea to make a sort of booth to put it in, and incorporate some sort of dust extraction system in it. Any pointers on what I should be thinking of in such a set up would be much appreciated.

Build another shed with good ventilation. Thats what the locals do.

What ever you have in mind just remember rice dust is explosive in an enclosed environment. If you have say a booth with an extraction dust system you would want it interlocked to the mill.
As annoying as the dust is, it can be better then having half a house after a contained explosion. That is why the locals use sheds with good ventilation.

What ever you have in mind just remember rice dust is explosive in an enclosed environment. If you have say a booth with an extraction dust system you would want it interlocked to the mill.
As annoying as the dust is, it can be better then having half a house after a contained explosion. That is why the locals use sheds with good ventilation.
As Basil Fox would say, "Boom! Boom!"

Thanks for the heads up on that. I was not aware of it, and will certainly keep it in mind when I do tackle the problem when we get back in the new year

Back