ECO House Build in Surin

Big thanks to @genghis Ron for the black acrylic bedroom furniture by Ice Furniture in Buriram
First night in the new house (Before anyone says anything, yes I know it looks like a prison cell, but we sleep safe and sound):
Solar Thermal hot water system worked great:
bath.jpg

Now, now @Bandersnatch, now you are really rubbing it in. While one half of Surin is without water and smelling to high heavens the other half are doing a Cleopatra and wallowing in asps milk with a padded headboard. :D:D:D

Big thanks to @genghis Ron for the black acrylic bedroom furniture by Ice Furniture in Buriram

20190808_033949960_ios.jpg

20190808_033936359_ios.jpg

20190808_033742582_ios.jpg

20190808_033735235_ios.jpg

First night in the new house (Before anyone says anything, yes I know it looks like a prison cell, but we sleep safe and sound):

bed.jpg

Solar Thermal hot water system worked great:
bath.jpg

Inspector Tennison will be along soon with a warrant card to lift prints, fibers, bodily fluids and such from that cell in an ongoing investigation.
We presume you'll be at that location for awhile, correct @Bandersnatch :sunglasses:

@Bandersnatch, you should be ashamed of yourself. You have just built a multi-million baht, state of the art Eco-house, where every convenience of modern, high-tech living has been incorporated - no expense spared. Yet, you have fallen foul of the very basic and dreaded multi-block extension cable, lying loose on the floor to be kicked whenever you stretch your legs under the computer desk of the Prepper's Command & Control Center (PC&CC). In the fear and excitement of watching the zombies approaching the outer perimeter of the blockhouse, armed to the teeth with bicycle chains and spiked clubs, one careless kick and all your screens will go blank and render you totally blind. Game over! :D:D:D

P.S. Very nice!!!!

.........multi-block extension cable, lying loose on the floor to be kicked......

When I built my place the electric outlet design was a bit of a rush (the foreman told me at 17:00 that the sparks was coming the next morning). I thought that four twin sockets in the lounge would be sufficient. One of the four twins is not used at all since the demise of the fax machine, two are used for recharging phones and the other has a 5 point plug bar to cater for the TV, receiver, sub-woofer, DVD player and satellite receiver.

You have fallen foul of the very basic and dreaded multi-block extension cable, lying loose on the floor to be kicked whenever you stretch your legs under the computer desk

True True...but as I went for "ugly" surface mounted electrics, I can easily add more outlets when I get some time....not sure when that will be.
;;unhappy;;

Extension cables/blocks sitting on the floor can be dangerous. There is always the possibility of a water pipe leak (as per Yorky on another thread) or some other water problem. At least affix the block to the underside of the computer table above ground level

I moved out of my rented house 3 weeks ago. Very long To-Do-List, but I wanted to live in the house for a bit to see what needed tweaking. I promise the extension cables on the floor are not permanent. I just acquired a Digital Video Recorder Box today that came with a plug, I am sure it will not be the last.

Cinema update:

20210201_123001124_iOS
20210201_123149141_iOS
20210201_123132122_iOS

The system now consists of

Speakers: TANNOY REVOLUTION XT-8F x2 front with TANNOY : REVOLUTION XT-C x1 center channel. TANNOY : REVOLUTION XT-6F x4 for side and surround.

B&W CCM-362 x2 IN-CEILING speakers to support Dolby Atmos

A/V Receiver: ONKYO : TX-RZ730

New additions:

Cambridge Audio CXA81 Integrated Stereo Amplifier 80w which will drive the front TANNOY REVOLUTION XT-8F speakers.

Cambridge Audio CXA81

The Onkyo AV is an 9.2-Channel amp but it’s power is split across all channels. So using Line-Out for the front Left and Right Channels the CXA81 can take over the heavy lifting.

Q Acoustics B12 Subwoofer Speaker 12” with an integrated maximum 440 W Class D Amplifier again helps take the strain. By setting the crossover to the appropriate level, all low frequencies can be handled by the sub, allowing the the other speakers and amps to concentrate on mid and high frequencies.

Q

Home Theater PC (HTPC) This PC will live in the cinema and its primary roles are for gaming on the Steam gaming platform.

store_home_share

It’s secondary role will be to act as a music server. I have YouTube Music via my YouTube premium subscription which works well with the various smart speakers around the house for a “OK Google play…” but for serious audiophile music I subscribe to Tidal.

Tidal

The highest quality on Tidal are Tidal Master which are better-than-CD stream courtesy of MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) To achieve the highest quality a MQA-enabled DAC is required (Digital-to-analog converter)

I have an AudioQuest DragonFly Red DAC.

img_1548-crop-2

It changes colour depending upon the quality of music streaming.

Dragonfly_colours

To manage my music collection on my NAS together with my TIDAL favorites I have a Roon server installed on my HTPC. Roon requires a subscription of $12.99 /month or lifetime for $699.99 which is the option I selected.

Roon-brand3

Roon is not easy to explain, but just let me say that if you take listening to digital music seriously and want the best possible experience, you should consider Roon.

whathifi.com/advice/roon-everything-you-need-to-know .

I also have a Xiaomi MI BOX S 4K Ultra android tv box to access Netflix Premium, YouTube Premium and stream my own movies and TV shows from my PLEX media server.

plex-2.jpg

My original plan was to have a projector in the cinema and I spent 2 years researching the options available in Thailand. I was originally drawn to ultra short throw laser projectors, but most are shipped from China and there is no after sales support here. A traditional back of the room projector with native 4K resolution was a very expensive option. There is also the problem running 4k through very long HDMI cables and replacement bulbs are crazy expensive. So I settled for an 86 inch LG LCD TV.

The room which has no windows is 5m long by 4m wide. The concrete walls were covered in acoustic board and acoustic foam.

Last edited:
Back