electric bill

My latest bill, I have had a huge discount. Took me some time to work out what they had given us. We used 363 Units and were given 211 units free.
I would love to know what algorithm they use to calculate these free units.

But I could not understand why the bill did not add up precisely until I noticed that they also gave the 5 Amp standing charge as well.
This is the first discount we have had this year. We got one last year.

My latest bill, I have had a huge discount. Took me some time to work out what they had given us. We used 363 Units and were given 211 units free.
I would love to know what algorithm they use to calculate these free units.

But I could not understand why the bill did not add up precisely until I noticed that they also gave the 5 Amp standing charge as well.
This is the first discount we have had this year. We got one last year.

The units that we were "given" was 50 amounting to a bill reduction of ฿200.92 (before VAT). How this is calculated I don't know (the unit rate is different to the normal rates in the three tier). The June/July bill should be here tomorrow.

Go figure. :p

Month ending 16/6: 660 units - B1969.

Month ending 17/7: 927 units - B2215.

Type: 1125

We were presented with our bill this morning.

299 units = ฿1,116.31 (spot on)
Meter charge = ฿46.16
FT discount = -฿45.81 (based upon 299 units)
100 free units = -฿355.68

Total = ฿760.98
V.A.T = ฿53.27
Payable = ฿814.25

It's got me completely flummoxed.

(I'm currently drinking beer)

Last edited:
If the 100 free units were given at "source"

199 units = ฿694,15
Meter charge = ฿46.16
FT discount = -฿30.49 (based upon 199 units)
Total = ฿709.82
V.A.T = ฿49.69
Payable = ฿759.51

Did you notice at any stage that they bumped you up to Service 212?. Which has a higher tariff which is for small business with a residence.
My bill type shows 1125. They changed my meter so that it could not be spun backwards, this was after about 6 months of the meter not moving either forward or backwards! When we have a lot of rain we use a few units from PEA but are only paying ฿4/kWh

But since going off grid our meter aint move 1 digit so next month will be clean..

You've gone off-grid! congratulations. I remember talking to you and Tom in the LEMON LOUNGE about solar. I am only off-grid outside the rainy season and we had a lot of rain this month. Powered the house and charged my Electric car everyday this month. The bill came to ฿146 - not off-grid but close.

You've gone off-grid! congratulations. I remember talking to you and Tom in the LEMON LOUNGE about solar. I am only off-grid outside the rainy season and we had a lot of rain this month. Powered the house and charged my Electric car everyday this month. The bill came to ฿146 - not off-grid but close.
Yes and thanks, we are low users so not so hard...5.5kw Hybrid inverter, 12x550w mono half cut panasolar panels { 2s2p], 48v 10kw MaxSky 200ah lithium ion 6000 cycle {another one soon to follow which will give us holding time] and 20kw storage. Our average daily use 12-13 kw ..units. Labour costs for fitting...zero.. the wife and i did it ourselfs.. total parts cost 165,000 baht plus 65,000 baht when i add the second battery.

Good to see you took the plunge on the EV.

Yes and thanks, we are low users so not so hard...5.5kw Hybrid inverter, 12x550w mono half cut panasolar panels { 2s2p], 48v 10kw MaxSky 200ah lithium ion 6000 cycle {another one soon to follow which will give us holding time] and 20kw storage. Our average daily use 12-13 kw ..units. Labour costs for fitting...zero.. the wife and i did it ourselfs.. total parts cost 165,000 baht plus 65,000 baht when i add the second battery.

Good to see you took the plunge on the EV.
I've got 6.6kw solar on my roof and although I'd love to fit a Tesla battery for storage, My excess power feed back in to the grid pays 21 cents per kw. That offsets night time and rainy days consumption at this stage.

Hey @Surin I am still want to pick your brains about heat pumps. I want to add Geothermal to supplement my solar. I think open loop ground water is probably the most practical in Thailand.

Geothermal open loop.jpg

The pipes I used on my first attempt were all I could find here and failed :(

img_20181128_094029-e1543411712877.jpg

Hey @Surin I am still want to pick your brains about heat pumps. I want to add Geothermal to supplement my solar. I think open loop ground water is probably the most practical in Thailand.

View attachment 41932

The pipes I used on my first attempt were all I could find here and failed :(

View attachment 41933
I probably can't offer anything that you already know.
When I can get back there we'll have a chat and work out a plan in my factory.

Last month's electric bill of a friend.

The first column is the actual usage (615 kwh), the second column is after deducting the free units (455 kwh) and what was due to be paid.

leccy bill.jpg

Back