electric bill

@Yorky have you worked out how these free units are being applied yet? We used 355 Units. I received 203 units free.
Bill for 355 is 1430 Baht and with only paying for 152 Units comes out at 546 Baht. 884 Baht saving. Pretty good.

@Yorky have you worked out how these free units are being applied yet? We used 355 Units. I received 203 units free.
Bill for 355 is 1430 Baht and with only paying for 152 Units comes out at 546 Baht. 884 Baht saving. Pretty good.

I have no idea. It bears no relationship to monthly usage. The free units appear to be a random number. We've had 50 free once and 100 free twice. I know of a household getting 150 free (but only once to date) and now you are getting 203! Have you previously had free units?

July's had been our lowest ever at 2,904 but August was slower still (just) at 2.900

However.... stepdaughter's Uni is operating on-line only from now on, so she'll be home in a few days from now. I suspect the September bill will be sky-high in comparison!

I have no idea. It bears no relationship to monthly usage. The free units appear to be a random number. We've had 50 free once and 100 free twice. I know of a household getting 150 free (but only once to date) and now you are getting 203! Have you previously had free units?
Yes last month. I don't know why I have been so thick. We have been charged the same amount as last month for 152 units. It suddenly dawned on me to check the online records. Our usage is amazingly consistant to last months only 8 units different. I should not be surprised. Being stuck in the Covid rut does not allow for much change.

Yes last month. I don't know why I have been so thick. We have been charged the same amount as last month for 152 units. It suddenly dawned on me to check the online records. Our usage is amazingly consistant to last months only 8 units different. I should not be surprised. Being stuck in the Covid rut does not allow for much change.
I'd be happy with that bill. With both of our girls learning on line and running their air cons at the same time, this months bill will be o shocker.

If anyone is remotely interested............

Electric August.jpg

2860 this month.

I thought about getting an inverter aircon for our bedroom but the niece would want old one put in her bedroom. Fuk that.

I'd be happy with that bill. With both of our girls learning on line and running their air cons at the same time, this months bill will be o shocker.
Same story in this house, both daughters are at home and online learning all day long. That said, even by our high usage standards, we got away with 4,562 baht this past month.

Jesus that's cheap .
Do you have hot water and Aircons

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk
That was the wrong question AtB. The question should have been, "Do you ever use your two aircon and hot water heaters?" It wasn't so long ago that @Yorky reported a mud wasp nest in one of his aircon.

asian_mud_dauber.jpg

That was the wrong question AtB. The question should have been, "Do you ever use your two aircon and hot water heaters?" It wasn't so long ago that @Yorky reported a mud wasp nest in one of his aircon.

We use the aircons when we consider it necessary. Having lived in the tropics for 25 plus years it has to be bloody hot for me to feel uncomfortable. My wife has lived in the tropics much longer. It's called "acclimatising" which I would have thought you would have conquered having spent almost 20 years here and almost 20 years in the desert.

It's 29°C here now and I'm considering turning the fan off (currently on it's lowest setting).

We use the aircons when we consider it necessary. Having lived in the tropics for 25 plus years it has to be bloody hot for me to feel uncomfortable. My wife has lived in the tropics much longer. It's called "acclimatising" which I would have thought you would have conquered having spent almost 20 years here and almost 20 years in the desert.

It's 29°C here now and I'm considering turning the fan off (currently on it's lowest setting).
I am fully acclimatised. It's the other family members that, having enjoyed the luxury of air-conditioned accommodation, find they do not want to return to village standards. Seriously, it has never been a question of the temperature, I am very happy with temperatures in the 40*C plus range. However, what gets me down is the damned humidity. Yes, the air con is running as I type and the temperature in the man cave is a pleasant 26.5*C. And long may it continue.

I wouldn't consider that we are living to "village standards". If we want aircon, we turn on the aircon (although it's useless for me as I spend most of my time outside). The RH is currently 70% which is perfectly comfortable for me (during my years in Malaysia it rarely dropped that low).

Ours normally 4000 B ish not cheap.
But Yorky we do have the luxury of using hot water showers and Air cons where needed .[emoji3]
Also lights at night so we can see without the use of a candle [emoji16].

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

I haven't even turned a fan on today. I don't think that the ambient temperature has risen above 29°C.

Back